Rangefinder?

Trevor2

Looking for alot and wide variety of input on this. Im looking to get a new rangefinder and aint quite sure what to get. With so many new options out there, just dont know where to start. So wat yall got and the pros and cons of them.

JRE

I'm in the same boat and have been doing some research. I've heard good things about the Zeiss PRF, which is on sale right now for $599. Its larger than some of the others, but its suppose to be easier to hold steady and reportedly gives fast readings. At a much higher price, the Swarovski are very nice as well, but I've read that the readouts on the screen are a little harder to see, and at nearly twice the price I'm not sure they would be any better than the Zeiss. I've also heard good things about Leica, which are more compact, but I've heard some people say there hard to hold steady on long range targets. For a mid-price unit, I keep hearing good things about Nikon. I would avoid Leupold rangefinders. While Leupold makes good Scopes, I've heard a lot of people complain about the quality and reliability of their rangefinders.

Rubberduck270

Well if you are on a tighter budget than our pal JRE, I would suggest a higher end Bushnell (Scout or Legend) or if you're on an even tighter budget than that I would look into the new Redfield rangefinder.

I have a Bushnell Legend 1200 that I have had used for 2 season's now and I really like it. It does have a few bells and whistles that I rarely use and could do without but since they are on it I won't complain.

basset

Any thoughts on what's the best cheap one? I played around with a Wildview and a Simmons at Bass Pro the other day and wasn't real impressed with either of them, looks like you'd have to go over $200 to get something halfway substantial and higher than that for a lighted readout.

Rubberduck270

basset said:
Any thoughts on what's the best cheap one? I played around with a Wildview and a Simmons at Bass Pro the other day and wasn't real impressed with either of them, looks like you'd have to go over $200 to get something halfway substantial and higher than that for a lighted readout.

Look at the Redfield. And check on ebay for the best prices.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I currently have a nikon monarcch gold 1200 but my next will most likely be the bushnell 1500 yd binos!! Those would be pretty awesome! think they are around $800
Leica makes one of the best(accurate) for the money

Killing time

Last year i bought a Bushnell Legend 1200 from OpticsPlanet. It was a demo model and was cheaper than "new". Ranges from 5-1200 yrds. It has a range compensator for bow hunting, bow and rifle mode, auto scan, bullseye or brush mode, and more. Its lightweight and compact and comes in a nice case. Very pleased. OpticsPlanet has good prices and free shipping. Check em out.

Hogbear

Killing time said:
Last year i bought a Bushnell Legend 1200 from OpticsPlanet. It was a demo model and was cheaper than "new". Ranges from 5-1200 yrds. It has a range compensator for bow hunting, bow and rifle mode, auto scan, bullseye or brush mode, and more. Its lightweight and compact and comes in a nice case. Very pleased. OpticsPlanet has good prices and free shipping. Check em out.

I've got the Legend 1200 too, very happy with it.

TN Whitetail Freak

basset said:
Look into golf range finders found a Maxfli for $80 works well