Rangefinder Recommendations: Bushnell or Nikon

LanceS4803

After 10 years, I am ready to upgrade to a new/better range finder.

Have it narrowed down to 2:
Bushnell Legend 1200 (rated best under $300)
Nikon Riflehunter 550

Anyone have either of these? Thoughts?

Rubberduck270

I have the Legend 1200. Has both the bow setting (like the Chuck Adams edition or the Archer's Choice) and the rifle settings. Bought it in October of 2009 and it's still on it's original battery.

Lake L.

I have a older Nikon 440 unit now, but I wanted to upgrade to a later model. So I bought another Nikon "used", but it had issues and didn't work correctly, and I sent it to Nikon for service. It was a current production model, but they didn't want to fix it. I could tell this because the price they wanted was more than I could get a new for from a wholesaler friend.

I was able to return the unit to the person I bought it from and get my money back. But I promised myself then I would do my best to avoid Nikon in the future....

That said the choices are not many and Nikon has a very competitive product. But I have heard good things about some of the Bushnell products.

pressfit

I had a bushnell once that got moisture in it .. In short.. their customer service was about as bad as it gets.. I went with Leoupold..

LanceS4803

TNhunter said:

A Leica CRFY 1200 would be FANTASTIC! But, $800 is a little too much for me.

As most range finders don't actually get you out to their stated max range (usually only 2/3rds), the Bushnell might be the way to go.

I'm just tired of not being able to range hardly anything without it being solid, facing me exactly, and not over 200yds. Last night I couldn't get a bounce off a deer at under 200yds, standing broadside in an open field.

DaveB

There is new Redfield out, anyone have experience with it? The newer Redfield scopes are great, just wondering if that has transferred to the rangefinder. Redfield is owned by Leupold, kinda hoping to get that quality at a lesser price.

Boone 58

I have the lesser expensive nikon 440 and i find it has a hard time in low light situations....i have a more expensive ....albeit bulkier Bushnell that never fails me in any situation ......but i like the lighter weight nikon for bow.

TnBullet

I've been shopping for one also. Nikon has some really bad reviews. Leopold & Redfield seem to be pretty good for the money. Go to Bass Pro site and look at the reviews.

Latest posts