Rail Buggy

dr

Anyone own, or have experience with vw powered rail buggies? How do they perform on, and off-road compared to side by sides? And, reliability? I can't see paying 25k theyre asking for some of the side by sides right now.Thanks

TRIGGER

I used to have one. I have had dirtbikes, fourwheelers, jet ski's, jeeps etc. but that rail buggy was the absolute funnest thing I have ever been in. The cutter brakes is what makes it fun. Mine was an off road buggy with a stock engine. Rode with a few guys that had all kinds of modifications including turbos but I was always the one that would have to pull them out of the woods when theirs broke. I absolutely abused my buggy and it kept going. I would keep spare cv joints/axles with me because I would break one every so often but could change it in about 10 minutes.

dr

I used to have one. I have had dirtbikes, fourwheelers, jet ski's, jeeps etc. but that rail buggy was the absolute funnest thing I have ever been in. The cutter brakes is what makes it fun. Mine was an off road buggy with a stock engine. Rode with a few guys that had all kinds of modifications including turbos but I was always the one that would have to pull them out of the woods when theirs broke. I absolutely abused my buggy and it kept going. I would keep spare cv joints/axles with me because I would break one every so often but could change it in about 10 minutes.
Cool. I've wanted one for a long time. Might have to start looking. Thanks!

Smo

They're a lot of fun.. I've had Bajas & buggies back the day.

Most were for off road use only, but some were street legal.👍

In the mid- late 70's we ran Buckshot mudders or X brand recaps…🤣
Single center bead tractor tires on the front!
You want too go left of right…. Hang on!🤣🤣🤣

My BIL & I rolled one 2 1/2 times trying too back it off a hillside when I was 15-16 y.o….
What a ride!
Probably one of the many reasons I ache all the time now..🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts