Mini Dune Buggy/Go-Kart

AlexDad

Took my son turkey hunting today. He's always been kinda timid about the 4 wheeler. Told him if we went to the lease he'd have to ride, it's just too far and hilly to walk to the spot with all that gear.

I have a small 86 Suzuki quad I got for a song and by my self it's fine. Both of us on it was TIGHT and felt unstable. He loved it. No turkeys around and I couldn't keep him off the 4 wheeler. We just rode around exploring and had a ball.

I think if we had one of those buggy like go-karts it would be more stable and more room for us. I found a deal on one and it has a rear rack and it's 150cc.

What kind of cc's does a kart need to haul us around. I'd say less cc's are needed since they're so much lighter than a 4 wheeler.

AlexDad

DEER ASSASSIN said:
id say at least 125

I don't need a go-kart anymore, I bought your Recon last night! LOL! Alex and I rode that thing around the yard 'til after 9PM last night. Worth every penney to see my boy smile.

AlexDad

In Lade's defense, we've known each other for a bit and he knows me by my name Brad. He may not have made the connection that my username is a play on my son's name and me being his Dad. Ala, AlexDad. Still thought it was funny myself though.LOL!

Gravey

AlexDad said:
DEER ASSASSIN said:
id say at least 125

I don't need a go-kart anymore, I bought your Recon last night! LOL! Alex and I rode that thing around the yard 'til after 9PM last night. Worth every penney to see my boy smile.
Well we need to find a place and go ride 4-wheelers since I gave Benjamin his for his 7th b-day.

AlexDad

Nah, it was an either or thing. The buggies just don't have the power or carrying capacity of the atv's. I'm talking go-kart type buggies not Rhinos and things like that.

We took the new atv out to hunt Saturday. Got everything on it at once and my son had plenty of room to sit safely on it. It was nice gassing it up like a motorcycle and not having to unload it and take the seat off to gas it up like on my old one.

I was very pleased with the performance. The rain Friday on that supersaturated ground made the fields at the lease literally like a swamp. It was pitch black and I had no idea it was that bad. I took off thru the field and it got BAD. We never missed a beat, we cut right thru there and got back on the trail.

I think since it's so light, we didn't sink down too bad. We got to one spot where a tree fell and blocked our path and turning around was not an option. With it fully loaded I was able to pick the back end up and spin it around.

The wet weather stream washed the road out and on the way out I had to cut thru the field in my truck, without 4WD I wouldn't have made it in my truck.

Latest posts