rage 2 blade or g5 montec

kasey

don't know whitch one to try out this year.i will be hunting hogs at wildernesshuntnglodge in sep for hogs.i will be shooting my DXT.what you boys think?

BowGuy84

I am a huge fan of fixed blade heads. The montecs strikers are some of the sharpest heads on the market and leave a great trail. They fly like mecanicals.

The rage's leave a nasty hole, but for some reason a lot of the people I have talked to are having deer go further w/ out as much of a trail. Additionally, it decreases the chance of a pass through.

paradis1142

I used the montecs last year and killed 2 does. They worked well no complaints. I am thinking of using the rages or slick tricks this year to see how they compare to the montec.

CZ284

I'm a Montec fan. Killed 3 deer the last 2 seasons and none went over 20 yards. Two didn't go more than a couple steps. One I shot at 12 yards quartering toward me, arrow entered at te base of the neck inside the shoulder blade and exited out the off side hind leg. He folded.
Also got a couple feral dogs with great results. Have killed two hogs with 125 grain Thunderheads and they work well, but the G5 is a lot easier to tune. The resharpening factor is nice, too.

Latest posts