Radial tires and ITP

Deer Whisperer

Since I am getting new tires and wheels for my Foreman, I�ve been doing some checking around. You guys may already know this, but I�m still learning.
They have radial ATV tires now. Actually, they�ve been selling them for a while now. The reviews are really good. Better handling on asphalt, and dry ground. Since it has a bigger footprint, it has better traction in mud and snow. So far, there has been no criticism.

I found out yesterday that ITP doesn�t make tires. Carlisle makes all the tires for ITP. I going to get the ACT HD. They are radial and have 1 1/8� tread depth, and thicker sidewalls for better cut resistance. You should be able to get a better price on a Carlisle brand than ITP.

http://www.carlisletire.com/products/at ... index.html

Let me know what you think.

Baxter83

Those look AWESOME!! :grin: They're similar to my ITP 589's, it looks like they just changed the angle of the grooves or something. That would be awesome to get better handling on hard surfaces. That's something the standard tire doesn't get. That would be a good tire IMO

Deer Whisperer

I try to never drive on the road. It wears away the tread a lot faster.
I can't figure out what would make them ride any rougher than biased tires.
Biased tires have three layers of material that run from bead to bead. That means that each sidewall has a thin inner liner material, three rubber coated nylon layers, and sidewall rubber. The tread area probably has an additional layer of nylon under the tread rubber. Needless to say, the three layers of nylon make the sidewalls plenty thick and stiff.
The radial tire has one layer of material that runs from bead to bead. So each sidewall has a thin inner liner layer, one rubber coated nylon body ply layer, and sidewall rubber. The tread area has two or three layers of belts under the tread rubber.

Even with the thicker sidewall rubber on the tire I'm looking at, it should still not be as stiff as the three layers of material running through the sidewalls of the biased tires.

Do you have some experience with radials that would help me to better understand how they really ride? So far, all the reviews have said that they absorb shock better.

Latest posts