Rack of lamb

spoon

Slice Individually marinaded in red wine,
Olive oil, rosemary. Cooked to rare-med rare. Put a honey mint jelly glaze on while resting

DaveB

Cold leg of lamb sliced thin makes the best sammich in the universe. Decent horse radish. white onions sliced thick, about 1/2 pound of lamb.

Just simply killing me. Gonna get one or two next trip to store. Going this evening.

spoon

Never tried a leg of lamb, but it's going to happen soon. Do like the idea of sliced thin for sandwiches but with Dijon mustard with raw horse radish and an onion

WTM

DaveB":3f3iv4x6 said:
Cold leg of lamb sliced thin makes the best sammich in the universe. Decent horse radish. white onions sliced thick, about 1/2 pound of lamb.

Just simply killing me. Gonna get one or two next trip to store. Going this evening.

i like those authentic gyros-corned lamb, red onions, tomatoes and handmade cucumber dressing. ok, i got to stop because im craving one and the jordanians closed down their store. no where to get one around here anymore.

TAFKAP

I got to where we started buying legs instead. You get 4 times the meat for about the same price. But a rack is pretty hard to beat.

DaveB

My Mom had trouble boiling water, she was not much of a cook. But with Tea, Lamb, white gravy, and white beans Mom could really do things right.

Firstly, be sure you get your mutton from a younger ewe. All lamb has an odor but it is more powerful and longer lasting wtih the older animals. More pronounced they call it. My Dad could smell the difference....

Do not trim the fat.

Do not remove the bone prior to cooking.

I have eaten it rare but deep pink, yeah, that's good, please do not cook well done it gets tough and the flavor departs.

When baking for Sunday Dinner surround the leg with potatos, carrots, celery, onions.

Latest posts