Rabbit hunting

cecil30-30

Just wondering if anyone did any rabbit hunting this weekend?I took my 2 begeals out saturday morning and got 1 up right away,They ran it back to me and i got him.I thought it was gonna be a good morning,but that was the only one i got up.I think it was a little to warm.Anyone else get out there?

Smoke

First opening weekend ive missed in years. Rabbits are getting awful thin around here with all the yotes running around. Seen a yote catch one last week but couldnt get a shot at it.

cecil30-30

Rabbits are becoming pretty thin in east tn.I don't know about the rest of tn but where i live i am doing good to get 1 or 2.Now last year me and my dad went to KY outside of lexington on my uncles farm and killed 13 before 10am and missed i bunch.I have never seen the likes of rabbits,and never had so much fun either.We did all this with no dogs too.

A

Anonymous

coyotes have all but wiped them out on our property.never seems to be a shortage of them no matter how many you bust.

PickettSFHunter

IMO it is a combination of lots coyotes around but mainly it i habitat loss. Nobody wants their place to "grow up" anymore and that leaves the rabbits zero cover. Hawks get alot also, sure wish we could shoot alot of those out.

mike243

i may turm my dogs loose thursday for a good run,reckon i'm cooking so i dont know if its going to happen or not,mike243