quick fletch

UTGrad

Although I've never used Quick Fletch, I've looked at the price tag. They are pretty expensive. I bought an Arizona EZ Fletch Mini and a 100 pack of white Blazers instead. I'm set for a long time. The Arizona EZ Fletch puts an aggressive right helical on the shaft. Might want to check it out and its easy.

TNDeerGuy

The quick fletches work, but I'm not a fan of the weight on the back and certainly not a fan of the cost�you'll quickly figure that out when you start busting vanes off when practicing. Get a fletching jig and some glue and do it yourself�you'll save a lot of money over time by doing it yourself!

89cherokeelimited

I have an older metal fletching jig that I use.
I can get my vanes to stay on no problem but during practicing if my arrow goes through the target it's almost guaranteed to rip off a vain or pull the front of it off.
I haven't had that happen to my quick fletches yet.
It might have been the glue I was using but i've tried gel super glue and the fletching stick you melt with a lighter and rub on the fletching it's self.

Could've just been the user instead of the glue lol

I busted every vane off my 3rd round at the range with my glued on vanes but haven't busted a single vane since my quick fletchings.

bowhunter163

TNDeerGuy said:
The proper glue, and more importantly the proper prep, and you'll rip/tear fletchings long before you will tear them off....I guarantee it!
exactly !!! It took me a while trying every single glue known to man to figure out it wasn't the glue...... It was the prep . And make sure to prep the vanes as well .

89cherokeelimited

TNDeerGuy said:
The proper glue, and more importantly the proper prep, and you'll rip/tear fletchings long before you will tear them off....I guarantee it!

That was most likely my problem then.
I used the melting glue that you rub on and I tried the gel super glue.
I do use gel super glue to hold my inserts and nocks on though and that holds extremely well for those, just not fletchings.

89cherokeelimited

bowhunter163 said:
TNDeerGuy said:
exactly !!! It took me a while trying every single glue known to man to figure out it wasn't the glue...... It was the prep . And make sure to prep the vanes as well .

Which glue worked for you?
I still can't find a glue that works good on my carbon arrows.
I seen somewhere online the melting glue does good for aluminum arrows but not so well for carbon?
That might have been my issue as well. I was using melting glue on carbon arrows?

Latest posts