Question on Doe Estrous??

travle

So I always like looking down the hunting aisle, when I go to Wal-Mart. I decided to pick up some Doe Estrous before the shelves go empty. I was going to try the Code Blue (top dollar) stuff. They had a drag line packaged with one for $16.98, and my wallet starting sweating (not wanting to pay that). I looking to the right, and there was one with the same drag line but this was called Code Red. In small print it said made by Code Blue. I got double the amount of doe estrous with the same drag line priced at $9.98. Can anyone tell me the difference in the two, or if the Code Red is any good?

DaveB

Never seen these work other than to stop a buck. Now, when I was young and I caught a whiff of white shoulders or Chanel, why I'd follow that because I knew it was on some sweet young thing. When deer smell those scents I do not believe they behave the way we do. Or did. I think we are trying to apply our behavior to that buck. Has anyone ever seen a buck follow a drag line?

bowriter

R.I.P.
Use your own urine or if you are married, use your wife's. Much cheaper and you will get the same results.

Or...if you can find it, get some Bowhunter Setup. I have no idea what is it but deer seem to love it. Just spray a little on your boots or a drag line and on a bush near your stand.

travle

I rarely ever use Doe Estrous anyways. I can count on 1 hand the times i have, and never really noticed any difference, but i've never used a drag line either. What i have had good luck with is the Primos Doe Estrous Bleat Can. Even a doe will come to it, and even had one bleat back at me. That is only when I can hear one walking or I know one is in the area. WRbowhunter the Code Red says Do Estrous Urine.

travle

I found the Bowhunter's Set-Up. Seems a guy named Dennis Lewis was making it for a company called Scrape Juice which then went out of business and is now a name of Muzzy. The guy, Dennis Lewis, now makes his own called Bowhunters Fatal Obsession under the company Whitetail Obsession.

BSK

bowriter said:
Use your own urine...

I don't waste money on "estrus" urine (I serious doubt it is actually deer urine at all).

If I'm doctoring a scrape or making a mock scrape, I always use my own urine.

bowriter

R.I.P.
travle said:
I found the Bowhunter's Set-Up. Seems a guy named Dennis Lewis was making it for a company called Scrape Juice which then went out of business and is now a name of Muzzy. The guy, Dennis Lewis, now makes his own called Bowhunters Fatal Obsession under the company Whitetail Obsession.

Yeah, I kinda lost track of it after Michelle bought it from Dr. Scrape Company...or something like that. It is totally synthetic and deer seem to be attracted to it. Not as good as your own urine but it will stop them in front of you.

Latest posts