Question for users of 2-4 DB

Boll Weevil

Agree with smstone and might add, if it's an ester it can volatize in certain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, wind) and smoke other non-target vegetation. Take care using it anywhere NEAR stuff you don't want to kill.

spoon

Look a Raptor. If you have cotton fields near ( within 2 miles) you can't spray 2.4D-B until after they spray defoliant.

Boll Weevil

A.Hall said:
If you have cotton fields near ( within 2 miles) you can't spray 2.4D-B until after they spray defoliant.
Mr. Hall is right...some co-ops won't even sell it at certain times of the year because it can hurt crops for MILES around if an irresponsible user gets ahold of it in the wrong spraying conditions.

Hunter 257W

drrxnupe said:
The WTI broadleaf herbicide spares chicory from what I am told.

I was always taught that u just mow broadleaves but must spray grasses with clet.

That's not true. A person might think that the WI broadleaf herbicide "Slay" would be safe with chicory since their Alfa-Rack mix contains alfalfa, clover and chicory but it will definitely kill the chicory. I've done it more than once. Every year I lightly re-seed my Alfa Rack field and along with new alfalfa and clover get some chicory started. In the past - before learning about the cheaper 2-4DB - I used WI "Slay" on the field. Every time it killed all of my chicory. Here is what WI says about "Slay" on their website:

Slay� cannot be used on seed blends that include chicory, rape, or ryegrass

I read this at the WI website - go to the following address and click on "Fact Sheet"

http://www.whitetailinstitute.com/slay-herbicide/

Farm manager

Raptor, Beyond, and Clearcast are all the same percentage (12.1%) of the same chemical (Imazamox). Clearcast is about 1/3 the price of Raptor. It is supposed to be easy on chicory and harder on plantain (buckhorn) than Slay/ Pursuit. It is labeled for non-cropland use.

Latest posts