quail

tn red

Anyone else saw a big jump in quail numbers this year? Ive found more already this year as the last 2 yrs together mostly WMAs.

tn red

We moved 7 covies sunday,last day i did movied that many was mid in the mid 90's.Couple of the coveys had 15+ birds.GREAT DAY

wcsd462

Funny that you started this topic tn red, I jumped a covey on my property last week! The first one I've seem in years. A big covey with around 20 birds in it!

Trapper John

We've always had a few coveys on the farm. I heard them a lot while working down there this year. Haven't seen any yet but I mostly jump them in late December for some reason.

catman529

Only seen one covey and it's near houses on HOA property. I can walk back there with a BB gun but that won't do any good for quails. I might look for some on the WMA because I'd love to break out the shotgun and shoot a couple.

FOX FIRE

I wish ther nubers would return to what they were, when I was a kid quail were all over the place, I love listen'n to'em, remeinds me of summer time.

catman529

FOX FIRE said:
I wish ther nubers would return to what they were, when I was a kid quail were all over the place, I love listen'n to'em, remeinds me of summer time.
my summer time carp fishing hole is right by a field that has a good covey. Sitting on the bank of the creek, waiting for a line to scream, hearing "bob-white" every now and then, was awesome. Now I'm switching to bass mode for the winter but I'll be back there again next spring for carp again. Wish I could hunt with a shotgun back there. It's HOA property with houses nearby. I take my BB gun back there sometimes for squirrels, but for quail that's impossible. I guess I just get to watch them flush and hear them whistle.

Latest posts