Pumpkin seeds

fourwheeler431

Does anyone save pumpkin seeds from the jack-o-lanterns and plant them later? I've heard deer love them. Any opinions on this?

Trapper John

I'd roast and eat them before planting them for deer! Those things are great.

I don't know if deer like pumpkin, but if I were to plant them I'd probably go for one of the smaller kinds. Some call them "sugar" pumpkins.

fourwheeler431

Thanks for the reply.I have seeds from 3 different kinds so far 1 is a pie pumpkin 1 is just a regular orange pumpkin and 1 is a some kind of giant varitiy not sure what kind but I could just barely pick the thing up to load it.I was going to roast them and the wife wanted to plant some of them here at home so,I thought i would ask about planting some of them at the lease.

uk rph

A local orchard owner said that deer always tear up his pumkin patch, but I don't know if they are worth planting as a food plot. If it works, let us know.

rooney

My wife is a kindergarten teacher and we planted pumkins to give to the kids on Halloween. The deer ate all the buds and we did not get a single pumpkin. You might want to plant them and try hunting over it.

Latest posts