Public crowd

Urban_Hunter

Holy cow. Just put the boat on the trailer and ran into the 4th set of people scouting at 7:15pm just putting their boat in. We were out there about an hour. Found some hens… debating even going at this point. Feel like if you get find a bird talking it'll have a crowd converging on it

WilcoKen

Holy cow. Just put the boat on the trailer and ran into the 4th set of people scouting at 7:15pm just putting their boat in. We were out there about an hour. Found some hens… debating even going at this point. Feel like if you get find a bird talking it'll have a crowd converging on it
About like public duck hunting. Tough situation.

hillbillyfab

I had plans of hunting in the morning, but my son reminded me that he had a track meet in the AM. I drove through Cheatham WMA on the way home this evening, seen several out of state tags already parked on the side of the roads. I'm thinking the track meet is a good thing. It'll keep me out of the woods this weekend and I'll see about getting on some public ground during the week instead.

deerfever

Good thing we advertised for more to come join us! Public land gets tougher every year. They need to start a quota on non residents for the first two weeks of the season that are hunting public land. There will be people at every pull off in the morning! Good luck!

Urban_Hunter

Good ole tv hunters that have all the bell and whistles that play the game and have no clue what's going on.
At least one group was for sure. They stopped at two spots and blew a crow call, a box call, and then resorted to literally making loud random sounds/calls by mouth. There was a Turkey gobbling in private and last I saw them their boat was beached on the 50 foot wide strip of public along the shore

Trey13

Lunch time is killing time. Those hunters more than likely will be home by 1030

SES

At least one group was for sure. They stopped at two spots and blew a crow call, a box call, and then resorted to literally making loud random sounds/calls by mouth. There was a Turkey gobbling in private and last I saw them their boat was beached on the 50 foot wide strip of public along the shore
If they were calling on a WMA, they were breaking the law.

Spurhunter

Who cares if THP hunted in Tn. They have a right to if they choose. No different than Tennessee residents going and hunting other states.
Talk about confusing issues. Wow. Nobody cares that THP hunts Tennessee. The problem is TWRA used our money to pay them $10k to advertise how great the turkey hunting is in Tennessee. After cutting our limit. THP has 463,000 subscribers. If 10% of them come to TN and hunt public land that's 46,300 new hunters!

gobblegrunt

Talk about confusing issues. Wow. Nobody cares that THP hunts Tennessee. The problem is TWRA used our money to pay them $10k to advertise how great the turkey hunting is in Tennessee. After cutting our limit. THP has 463,000 subscribers. If 10% of them come to TN and hunt public land that's 46,300 new hunters!
No confusion here. I have ZERO problem with it. The thing is, 10 percent of them aren't gonna hunt TN.

Last edited:

simpzenith

Except that's not true. THP was paid by a private company to create content on how to use an app, tag birds and register birds, etc which they included in TN hunting videos. None of that money came from TWRA or from "your" money.

Spurhunter

Except that's not true. THP was paid by a private company to create content on how to use an app, tag birds and register birds, etc which they included in TN hunting videos. None of that money came from TWRA or from "your" money.
I don't know whose information is correct, but it's all over the internet and turkey hunting podcasts that Tennessee and Georgia paid THP to advertise how great the turkey hunting is and tell their fanboys to come to those 2 states. I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't hunt public land. But I hate it for the guys I know whose spots are being overrun with people.

Latest posts