Property value question

gary66

whatever...you'll probably end up getting more than asking. Find out who's buying (has bought). Will tell you what they will pay. If you do business with a local bank and they know you, talk to them about what people are spending.

I see listings often, I inspect properties, I wouldn't pay what people pay, but I've never been like most when to comes to things like that. Looked at a small house on a postage stamp recently, asking was 189k. It was over 100 years old and only looked as good as it did because of cosmetics which will fade quickly. The couple, just kids my kids grew up with ended up getting it for just over 200k. First house, 200k+ in debt. I inspect, I don't talk value, I do offer some advice, I did them. They said they'd looked and this was the best they could find. Maybe it was the best THEY could find.

Means most are willing to pay as much as they can borrow and borrowing is good. 7500 an acre is probably low, but I wouldn't kick myself if that ends up being what it sold for.

Whatever you get, spend it quick, dollar loses value everyday as real estate prices prove. You bought low... as long as the math never gets more complicated than 2+2=4. Not sure if the actual value of a dollar today proves you bought low...best not to look. You could improve on the investment carrying the loan (land contract). You get the interest the lender would...money is tied up though. Set it up right, lenders sell loans to other lenders, needs some legal advice.

Latest posts