problem with a scope !

pety221

got a new leupold varix II in 4x12x40 scope will not come to my bore sighter dot bottoms out before it get to zero in either direction up or side to side any thing to cure this ?

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
What kind of bases and rings do you have? Sometimes if the windage is too far askew with the single dovetail bases it will also limit the travel of the elevation. If that's not happening listen to Model70Man

pety221

weaver basses an weaver all steel rings there highs the ajustable objective ring hit the top of the barrel when screwed down

pety221

ive got two sets of the of the leupold rings that u can move the back of the scope in may have to go with them

rdl65

Your scope needs to be mounted so it does not touch the barrel at all. If it does the point of impact will change as you shoot due to the barrel heating up and expanding.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Let's hope the tube wasn't bent if you tightened down the bases with the objective touching the barrel. Sounds like you need higher rings first and then evaluate again.

Tiny

Whelen Man said:
Let's hope the tube wasn't bent if you tightened down the bases with the objective touching the barrel. Sounds like you need higher rings first and then evaluate again.

Ditto.

Tiny

Tikkabuck said:
Blue5 said:
Shim it with coke can and scissors
HUH ???

Pardon me but,

Blue 5- is talking about cutting strip or strips form the coke can and placeing them either inside the rings,or drill holes to match the bases and place under them.