Probably closed out my second favorite season yesterday!

PalsPal

Dove season ranks just behind turkey season as far as my favorite hunting.

The field was good this year, but not great. I limited Friday and Saturday afternoon, and then got 13 yesterday morning.

I doubt we will hunt it Saturday as the birds are definitely gun shy, and other fields are being cut.

I thought I had some great video footage, but I was using a head mount for my camera and had it zoomed to far in. You couldn't see squat. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

PickettSFHunter

I hear ya. I enjoy it a lot as well. I've got quite a few meals of doves put back. All this rain will sprout the top sown wheat quickly, coming a flood in Jamestown right now. I usually get a good hunt or two in in late October also when the corn starts coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rukiddin

Dang man. You're missing out if you quit now. Some of the best shoots I've ever been on were around Christmas time. I'd just about rather hunt'em in the winter than around the opener!!!

Colt13

I've never considered hunting them in winter. Didn't think it would be that good, but this sounds like a fun way to take a late season deer hunting break. What is your tactics? Same as now?

Latest posts