Primos blackflash to good to be true!!

Missme

Im just over 2 months with this cam and it has quit taken pics. It started out great. Good battery life, decent pics day and night, and not real expensive. That all changed this week. It comes on and red light shows it picks up movement but wont take the pic. So do I return to bass pro and put more money with it to get a reconx or make them give me a new Primos? Hmmmm

Andy S.

I expect you to get several opinions here so I'll give you mine. It depends on what your time is worth, plus the unnecessary trips to/from Bass Pro, plus gas, plus the feeling of uncertainty once you make the next trip to the woods to put out your new Primos, etc etc. I think most get my point. The ONLY way I could ever feel certain that I had reduced the likelihood of this exact thing occurring again would be to purchase an American made Reconyx. There is more sunk cost on the front end, but it will pay for itself many times over during the next 5-10 years. Best of luck with your choice.

rtp

JCDEERMAN said:
You thinking about getting a Reconyx is one of the best thoughts you could have had.

That's funny right there.

If you have the funds the I think it is an easy decision, Reconyx.

BSK

Missme said:
Im just over 2 months with this cam and it has quit taken pics. It started out great. Good battery life, decent pics day and night, and not real expensive.

And now you know why the camera is "not real expensive." Cheap quality.

mr.hicks

But whats 'not real expensive' that term is different for alot of of people. Reconyx will get my money when they pony up and supply video with sound and offer a higher mp pic.
imo 180.0 is a fair price to pay for whats expected my missme. but if you follow the reviews on primos the other black flash model got awesome reviews.

BDS05

I hope I don't have the same luck. I'm going on two months with mine and checking it tomorrow.
As for the guys with the "That's what you should expect.", you forget some budgets are different than others. His post was to ask for help, not how much more money you've got to blow on things. I'm sure he could care less.
If you can spend three or four hundred more dollars on a single camera, then do it but why rub it in to a man who just can't do it?
I love this site, the things I learn, and some of the posts I read but it's one like these that burn me up.

Missme

I have used a dozen different cams over the last 8 years. Ive even own homebrews with p41 cams. I know from experience that a $200 cam wont last for years and years, as I didn expect it to. But did expect it to last longer than 2 months. For the homebrew guys, Ive been there and done that. After 2 cam replacements in 2 years and it ended up dieing completely on the third year I rather not go down that road again either.

BSK

mr.hicks said:
But whats 'not real expensive' that term is different for alot of of people. Reconyx will get my money when they pony up and supply video with sound and offer a higher mp pic.
imo 180.0 is a fair price to pay for whats expected my missme. but if you follow the reviews on primos the other black flash model got awesome reviews.

Good luck trying to dictate to companies what a "fair price" for quality is. The free market dictates that. If people want quality, they will have to pay for it, because few camera makers are producing quality products.

BSK

BSisco5 said:
I hope I don't have the same luck. I'm going on two months with mine and checking it tomorrow.
As for the guys with the "That's what you should expect.", you forget some budgets are different than others.

What does the price of quality have to do with how much someone can pay? Quality costs what it costs.

Nealmeally

BSK said:
BSisco5 said:
As for the guys with the "That's what you should expect.", you forget some budgets are different than others.

What does the price of quality have to do with how much someone can pay? Quality costs what it costs.

Exactly.

BSK

I can't afford a Lexus or a Mercedes, but that doesn't change the fact those are two very high-quality vehicles.

BDS05

BSK said:
I can't afford a Lexus or a Mercedes, but that doesn't change the fact those are two very high-quality vehicles.

I never said just because he maybe couldn't afford to buy the Reconyx or high end HomeBrew doesn't mean it isn't a great high quality camera. I know I can't afford to have them in the quanity I'd like. If you're budget was lower and you decided to spend only 200$, would you really not expect more than two months..

Missme

I knew going in I wasnt getn a 10year cam. My thought was if it lasted 2 years at $200 I would replace it with a latest and greatest 2 years from now in that price range and still be cheaper than pony up $600 in one pop. But its all null and void as Im about to leave the house in route to bass pro to put a little more money with the $200 I spent on this and hopefuly come home with the reconyx. I keep yall posted.

Missme

Got my money back for the Primos. They didn stock the reconyx anymore in the store. Got it ordered off net. Lord I hope it last for many years. If not I will have to eat $612 worth of crow to the wife.

Latest posts