Primers?

GMB54

For what rifle and which breach plug?

All i use in my bare primer Knights are Win209 and they work fine with Blackhorn209.

Hottest is a toss up between CCI209M and Fed209A. I prefer the Fed209A when i want to use a mag primer.

MUP

Hmmmm. I always pop a primer with my ramrod in and a patch between the two before loading for the hunt and I've never had my rr move much more than an inch or so I don't believe if I remember correctly. I use Rem Kleanbores as well with Pyro.

PillsburyDoughboy

MUP":3gph190u said:
Hmmmm. I always pop a primer with my ramrod in and a patch between the two before loading for the hunt and I've never had my rr move much more than an inch or so I don't believe if I remember correctly. I use Rem Kleanbores as well with Pyro.
Yep

The original Knight videos use to demonstrate this very practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boone 58

I can use 777 Winchester primers in my Accura V2 just fine, however 209 primers such as CCI's when fired take a pair of vice grips to extract them.................seriously!!! They swell and get stuck and it sucks! :bash:

GMB54

Primers are like anything else, use what fits best. I know many people using Euro primers in the imported rifles. Cheddite, Nobel and Fiocchi fit the CVA plugs very well but may not fit a T/C plug at all.

The only 209 that fits my NULA are CCIs and they are perfect. The bolt wont even close with other primers. Nothing beats a Win209 in my Knight/Lehigh bare primer plugs but Fed209As will work. They have just a little more blowby and stick once in awhile with hot loads. All the others come out really dirty and Euro primers wont even fit at all.

Latest posts