209 primers

RockMcL

I have not used them in ML.

I have used them in 410 reloads once and vaguely recall a slight size difference. Can't remember smaller or bigger.

Shouldn't be an issue for ml I would think. I would think ignition would be similar to using any standard 209 for ml purposes

GMB54

Cheddites are much shorter than USA made primers. So if leaking like mad into your breech is ok.....Yes they will work. They are about as hot as a Win209.

If you have a rifle like a CVA break action there is a simple solution for short primers. Just put one of these in the primer pocket in the breech plug. They will last quite a few shots before they need replacing.

L9A2kuC.png

RockMcL

Ballistic Products have the Cheddite 209s in stock now if you want to lay some in. Reasonable price before the HAZ charge.

squirrel_hunter

I use them in my 410, 28, and 20ga reloads. I know several guys using them in ml. I use Winchester 209. I would use them. If that is only thing i had. I seen a guy on u tube. He paid 27.99 for 100 ct of cheddite. I asked him why. He said that was only thing he could get. And i thought 5.99 a 100 was high. I try to keep 6,000 to 8,000 on hand

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I tried them and they worked ok, I have the Badger Ridge conversion on my 700ML and the seemed a bit over sized and harder to insert/extract than Winchester or Federal.

Latest posts