Primer prices

LanceS4803

Missed out on some primers last week, so looked on gb for CCI 41 small rifle primers.
28 to 33 cents a piece!!
I knew they would be expensive, but that is ridiculous.

Snowwolfe

Agree, they will only go higher for the foreseeable future. Most online retailers are now limiting purchases to one brick per order IF you are lucky enough to find any in stock. Then add a hazmat delivery fee attached to the invoice.
For example, $50 a brick, add another $30-35 then sales tax.

backyardtndeer

Agree, they will only go higher for the foreseeable future. Most online retailers are now limiting purchases to one brick per order IF you are lucky enough to find any in stock. Then add a hazmat delivery fee attached to the invoice.
For example, $50 a brick, add another $30-35 then sales tax.
I have not seen primers in stock anywhere in quite a while. Where are you finding them in stock online?

Logistics is part of the problem, legal shipment has to come thru a hazmat certified shipper, so the guys who would sell you a brick for $100 always seems to live to far away. I'm probably like most other reloaders, i would sell for $200, but it doesn't make sense spending 2hrs driving and $30-40 in fuel to get $200. Sold 6500 spare primers to a dealer/manufacturer a while back, i should have waited a little longer.

ADR

That's interesting to hear. I had assumed all primers were going to loaded ammo now with no intention of selling them to reloaders.
I read that but I have noticed a few primers being offered from online retailers. I saw shotgun primers even online Saturday. Again, they only last seconds

Snowwolfe

I been watching auctions on Gunbrokers. The majority of the time SR, SP, and LP primers are selling for $200-275 per brick plus shipping. LR are slightly less. I doubt I would sell any of mine for less than that.
Some people won't stop buying. I seen a few posts from people claiming they had over 100K and would continue to buy whatever they can find.

Latest posts