Food Plots Plots are done! Come on rain

Bodine270

Got my plots done this morning. Planted a 1/2 acre of white clover in front of the shooting house and planted about an acre of winter peas with a mix of wheat, oats, rye, rape, turnips, red and white clover. The soil was actually a little moist and was sticking to the disc blades a bit. Not used to that. It's usually bone dry this time of year.
73118dfb8b8cafc00d022052b2158640.jpg
642007f747216dc898b8d5e5d4573870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodine270

Jcalder":1dsz2n2e said:
I wish my disk cut like that lol. I've gotta fix some weights for it.

It only cuts that good when used on previously broken ground. I sprayed a month ago and mowed it as low as the bush hog could go too. I also shortened the top link to make the front gang hit a little harder than the rear gang.

Jcalder

Bodine270":9fh5m8gb said:
Jcalder":9fh5m8gb said:
I wish my disk cut like that lol. I've gotta fix some weights for it.

It only cuts that good when used on previously broken ground. I sprayed a month ago and mowed it as low as the bush hog could go too. I also shortened the top link to make the front gang hit a little harder than the rear gang.

Similar to what I done. But the ground there has never been broken in the 15+ years I've been there. Next year I wanna keep it bushbogged more to keep the cut vegetation down. Took several passes to get it busted up. But I do have wheat and clover coming up but desperately needing rain

Bodine270

b6fec4ebaf7efb7e9b6346bc01b761c8.jpg

The mix on the left side of the plot is looking good. Winter peas are coming up good too. Sure could use a little rain though.

Latest posts