Please age my biggest buck yet

Dmagdusty

PICT0204-1.jpg

BigBuckDown2-1.jpg

Dmagdusty

I have had pictures of him for 2 years because I have only hunted this area for 2 years. Last year he looked almost identical rack wise, maybe a little less mass, but I was just curious. I got to watch his ways in tree twice. The first I broke my knock and couldnt get a shot. Man they are completely different animals. He wouldnt come out unless other deer were in the field and took a different trail than the rest. He was all bussiness in my food plot. Others were playing and he would eat and back in the woods he went. Nice just to have the opportunity to watch an animal like this let alone a chance to take him.

TheLBLman

If you have some Oct-Nov pics of him from 2010, it would greatly help in "guessing" his age accurately.

In the meantime, all can say for sure is 3 1/2 or older,
while my best "guess" would be 4 1/2.

baller_9

He looks 3.5 but I believe he could have been 4.5 considering that picture was taken in September. Do you have his jaw?

Dmagdusty

I dont have the jawbone, but my taxidermist said he was a 3.5 old maybe 4.5. I was just curious to see what you guys thought, because there was another buck that always ran with him and the other buck dorfed him body wise, but rack wise he was way smaller. My buck dressed 155 on the scales and the smaller racked buck looks like he weighs as least 40 lbs more. Ageing is hard for me to do.

Dmagdusty

Thanks so much, I absolutely love early bow season. It worked out so great for me as I am going back to school next semester to finish my degree and was afraid I may not be able to hunt very much next year.

catman529

3.5 in first pic but maybe a little older looking once you killed him. I guess his neck hadn't filled in. I almost thought 2.5 when I saw the first pic but then not when I saw the second.

Latest posts