Age please

mossyoakmantn

I'm just curious what yall think. Look at the date and time lol. I was in that stand at that time yesterday. I would have given him a pass after what I saw this morning GOODNESS!!!

Attachments

• downloaded638311970320647220.mp4
    9 MB

mossyoakmantn

Thanks I was curious. I would have been in that stand but had to work my off duty job. I would have given him a pass anyway after seeing what I saw yesterday morning goodness! I saw 4 bucks (from a different stand) one was a non shooter 8 with a funky shaped rack but the other 3 were good, well 2 of them were way above my greatest expectations. I posted 2 of them on here but that 3rd was the biggest. The one big one I posted here yall said scored roughly 150. This one was quite a bit bigger. I've not seen him ever! He had a kicker off his right g2 and all his tines were super tall. Passing on younger bucks has really paid off. If I want meat I'll shoot does.

Ski

Thanks I was curious. I would have been in that stand but had to work my off duty job. I would have given him a pass anyway after seeing what I saw yesterday morning goodness! I saw 4 bucks (from a different stand) one was a non shooter 8 with a funky shaped rack but the other 3 were good, well 2 of them were way above my greatest expectations. I posted 2 of them on here but that 3rd was the biggest. The one big one I posted here yall said scored roughly 150. This one was quite a bit bigger. I've not seen him ever! He had a kicker off his right g2 and all his tines were super tall. Passing on younger bucks has really paid off. If I want meat I'll shoot does.

Yessir I know it sounds so cliche but if you want to kill giants you've got to let the big ones walk. Can't kill the giants if they never get old enough to grow. You'll get frustrated along the way because somebody else will kill the deer you're letting go, or will kill the big one you've been after. But rising tide floats all boats. Everything you do to help your hunt also by proxy helps every property around you. Just the nature of the beast. If you're persistent you'll get your chances.

mossyoakmantn

Yessir I know it sounds so cliche but if you want to kill giants you've got to let the big ones walk. Can't kill the giants if they never get old enough to grow. You'll get frustrated along the way because somebody else will kill the deer you're letting go, or will kill the big one you've been after. But rising tide floats all boats. Everything you do to help your hunt also by proxy helps every property around you. Just the nature of the beast. If you're persistent you'll get your chances.
I've been holding off and been lucky enough to do pretty good. The surrounding farms and hunters are into the same frame of mind.

Ski

The surrounding farms and hunters are into the same frame of mind.

That matters. And you're fortunate to have it. I'm the only one I know of doing anything habitat related in my neighborhood. One hunter from two hollows over sent word through my sister in law to thank me for all I do because they're seeing more deer than ever and big ones. I almost got frustrated but instead chose to take it as a compliment. I spend a lot of money, time, and labor making a haven for deer so I can have a good hunt. But I don't own the deer. They come and go as they please, and it seems my neighbors enjoy it as much as me.

Latest posts