Food Plots Planting a small peach tree

Jmed

There is a peach tree next to my bunk house on my hunting lease. It is an unusual peach in that it ripens late in the year( early september) and the peaches small ( bout the size of a plum) they have a light yellow, almost green color and small stones on the center. I have tried to clone the tree using rootone with no success. A few weeks ago I spotted a sapling ( 30" tall) growing a few yards away in the weeds. It is the same kinda of tree as it has leaves on it still. I want to plant this guy in my yard, which is on a ridgetop with terrible hard churt dirt. Any advice on how deep of a hole to dig and how to fix up some good dirt for it? One of the locals said it was a white peach or cherokee peach. Either way the mother tree next to my cabin is beautiful and produces tons of fruit that me and the deer enjoy. Thanks for any advice!

Tree Man

On second thought you said your soil was churt. I would dig an oversize hole and put some better soil in the hole. Could give your seedling a bit of a boost.

Latest posts