plantar fasciitis

Setterman

I'm just about over a nasty case of it. Went to PT finally and that's when it turned around for the better. I hurt mine doing a CrossFit workout called Murph, which I did wearing a 20lb weight vest. I've done plenty of weight vest and intense workouts over the years and never had an issue. For some reason it got me this time, and I could barely walk when I first woke up each morning.

Heres what I did:
1. daily calf exercises of single leg calf raises and tibialis raises
2. Rolled heel and foot on frozen water bottle
3. Followed by rolling on a lacrosse ball I'd warm up with hot water
4. followed by agonizing work with a theragun on my calves and bottom of the foot.

In a few week I turned the corner and never stopped working out, or running the entire time. As even rest days didn't seem to do squat for it. I honestly think the theragun did as much as anything. My calves were so tight and had big knots in them, which was causing many of my issues. Once I got those worked out it improved rapidly

Crappy injury for sure

ImThere

Frozen bottle works.
But what helped me most is wearing flips flops or slide where I had to squeeze my foot to keep them on.

rhinoblakes

I'm just about over a nasty case of it. Went to PT finally and that's when it turned around for the better. I hurt mine doing a CrossFit workout called Murph, which I did wearing a 20lb weight vest. I've done plenty of weight vest and intense workouts over the years and never had an issue. For some reason it got me this time, and I could barely walk when I first woke up each morning.

Heres what I did:
1. daily calf exercises of single leg calf raises and tibialis raises
2. Rolled heel and foot on frozen water bottle
3. Followed by rolling on a lacrosse ball I'd warm up with hot water
4. followed by agonizing work with a theragun on my calves and bottom of the foot.

In a few week I turned the corner and never stopped working out, or running the entire time. As even rest days didn't seem to do squat for it. I honestly think the theragun did as much as anything. My calves were so tight and had big knots in them, which was causing many of my issues. Once I got those worked out it improved rapidly

Crappy injury for sure
I second all of this. Actively attack treatment and pay attention to positive/negative changes. Leg muscle work, Theragun work, and my chiropractor is now my personal routine. Your plantar tendon is telling you something, listen to it. I didn't listen, I was stupid for years and now have bone spurs as a souvenir. If these initial treatments don't work for you feel free to message me.

C1295

Well, it has now returned for another round… was at rural king getting some chicken feed and it hit me out of no we're….

Bear15

I promise if you get a Strausburg Sock, or any other brand of the same thing, it will work. You'll begin to notice a difference the first day. All you do is sleep in it. It works. All these other suggestions are good and will help, in fact many are good ideas even if you don't have PF. But I coach track and see this all the time. If you start sleeping in some variation of a Strausburg sock you'll start to get better tomorrow.

Creek

I promise if you get a Strausburg Sock, or any other brand of the same thing, it will work. You'll begin to notice a difference the first day. All you do is sleep in it. It works. All these other suggestions are good and will help, in fact many are good ideas even if you don't have PF. But I coach track and see this all the time. If you start sleeping in some variation of a Strausburg sock you'll start to get better tomorrow.

Just the sock, or a combination of products?

Bear15

It's a sock that you sleep in.. I thought it might bother me but it didn't and I woke up the first morning and stepped out of bed and noticed a difference. It didn't take long and I recovered very quickly. All the other things here are helpful, but none more so than that Strausburg sock. Calf massage and a foam roller for quads, hamstrings, IT bands, and glutes are beneficial. Frozen water bottles and lacrosse balls to massage the foot are super helpful. Birkenstocks and Chacos are great for your feet but in general wearing good shoes with arch support all the time is a must. But I promise that sock will make a world of difference. I have used it, I've put many of my runners in them and recommended them to many others and I've never had anyone come back and say it didn't help them.

Dumbluck

I have flat feet and get all kinds of foot pain issues. I had to go to the good feet store and spend some money on some insoles. I got it real bad working on concrete slabs for about 3 weeks inspecting buildings all day this year and got to where I could hardly walk. I don't wear the insoles all the time but when I start to hurt I put them in my shoes or boots. You can probably get away with just their comfort insole. I bought a set on a program and it did help but they are not comfortable. I go through footwear extremely fast with my job inspecting roofs and crawling through crawlspaces. I have been searching for years for footwear that will last and I'm starting to think Danner are my best so far for me. I hate spending a bunch of money on footwear but it is what it is. I walked 5 miles yesterday looking for a deer I shot at and think I hit and was starting to hurt pretty good by the time I got back to the truck but that was topping off approximately 18 miles of walking in 3 days just looking for that one deer.

C1295

I have one and I have had it on this evening. Hopefully gets better tomorrow. Seems like I have it around the same time every year.

C1295

I have flat feet and get all kinds of foot pain issues. I had to go to the good feet store and spend some money on some insoles. I got it real bad working on concrete slabs for about 3 weeks inspecting buildings all day this year and got to where I could hardly walk. I don't wear the insoles all the time but when I start to hurt I put them in my shoes or boots. You can probably get away with just their comfort insole. I bought a set on a program and it did help but they are not comfortable. I go through footwear extremely fast with my job inspecting roofs and crawling through crawlspaces. I have been searching for years for footwear that will last and I'm starting to think Danner are my best so far for me. I hate spending a bunch of money on footwear but it is what it is. I walked 5 miles yesterday looking for a deer I shot at and think I hit and was starting to hurt pretty good by the time I got back to the truck but that was topping off approximately 18 miles of walking in 3 days just looking for that one deer.
We have similar issues. I go through my hunting boots every year… I wear out my work boots every 4-6 months. I get a new pair of tennis shoes every year. My feet are completely flat and I destroy shoes.

Dumbluck

We have similar issues. I go through my hunting boots every year… I wear out my work boots every 4-6 months. I get a new pair of tennis shoes every year. My feet are completely flat and I destroy shoes.
Man I wish my work boots would last that long. I'm lucky if I get 2 months. I just started switching all my boots to Danner so we will see how they go. I measured my feet yesterday and they are at the same width, maybe a little wider than a normal shoe width so I have ordered some wide Danner boots to see if that helps with longevity and my feet issues. My hunting boots are Danner and I have had them a couple years which is very long for me. I even destroy motocross boots doing Enduro stuff on ATVs I usually only get a race season out of a pair while my buddies can have the same boots for years. It seems I split the soles on a lot of my boots or they just start completely falling apart.

Read a little online about flat feet and I think you'll see we probably need wide shoes/boots. No one has ever told me that and I have asked a bunch of "professionals" what I need to do.

C1295

Man I wish my work boots would last that long. I'm lucky if I get 2 months. I just started switching all my boots to Danner so we will see how they go. I measured my feet yesterday and they are at the same width, maybe a little wider than a normal shoe width so I have ordered some wide Danner boots to see if that helps with longevity and my feet issues. My hunting boots are Danner and I have had them a couple years which is very long for me. I even destroy motocross boots doing Enduro stuff on ATVs I usually only get a race season out of a pair while my buddies can have the same boots for years. It seems I split the soles on a lot of my boots or they just start completely falling apart.

Read a little online about flat feet and I think you'll see we probably need wide shoes/boots. No one has ever told me that and I have asked a bunch of "professionals" what I need to do.
I may have to try that. I have never tried wide shoes or boots.

Latest posts