Pintail Mount Opinions

Blue Water Buck

b612bf78678863841b28166994c3cc87.jpg
b73bdc9af7e2e5dddac78c721f321b02.jpg

I'll be taking this pintail to the taxidermist soon and wanted some opinions before I did. After speaking to the taxidermist about this birds small sprigs he said he sees it often and actually has a couple right now that are similar. He said those long sprigs can fall out and when they do they start to regrow new ones.

He recommended an option of adding long sprigs which he keeps on hand for this exact situation.

Just wondering what some of you would do? Keep as is or add the natural longer tail feathers these ducks are known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grnwing

Re: Pintail Mount Opinions

I would mount it as is, not a fan of adding to an already beautiful trophy. If you want one with long tail feather than wait till you shoot one that has a long enough feathers. Have you decided on what position you will have it mounted?

Blue Water Buck

Grnwing":2z71rq8x said:
I would mount it as is, not a fan of adding to an already beautiful trophy. If you want one with long tail feather than wait till you shoot one that has a long enough feathers. Have you decided on what position you will have it mounted?

I have not. I have a Redhead that should done soon and I had it done in flight.

Blue Water Buck

cbhunter":1oud1j96 said:
Personal preference on that one but I agree with what was said above (if it was mine). Whatever you choose, it will look nice.

Took him today and went with how I got him.

Displaced_Vol

Blue Water Buck":3q8mpc3z said:
cbhunter":3q8mpc3z said:
Personal preference on that one but I agree with what was said above (if it was mine). Whatever you choose, it will look nice.

Took him today and went with how I got him.

Good call. I've got one in the freezer that needs doing. His sprig is so-so, could be longer but I didn't even know that was an option.
Definitely keep him like it is, just the way I shot him.

I'd ask my wife but I'm afraid what she'd say...

Don'tDrinkTinks

I had mine mounted in flight... it gets more compliments than anything else I have on the wall

Attachments

• 41AD2F27-915C-4C11-9FEA-B44D362B2E01.jpeg
    41AD2F27-915C-4C11-9FEA-B44D362B2E01.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 1,746

Latest posts