Pic Viewing Problem

LanceS4803

Two of my Moultrie cameras have started only displaying a portion of the full screen. (Other brands aren't doing this.)
Each card is formatted after viewing and before reusing.
When I use File Explorer, the full photo is visible. When I click on the picture, the full size briefly appears before being reduced by about half, as shown in the attached pic. This makes trying to view train cam photos pretty much useless.
If I use paint, or Gimp, the full photo appears.

I guess I have a bad setting somewhere, any suggestions?

game cam small.png

lightfoot

2-Step Enabled
Let us know if you figure it out, mine just started doing this a few months ago in Moultrie cameras, can use same card in different brand camera and works fine.

backyardtndeer

Having the same issue, started this year. I can view in other photo viewing programs and they work fine. Kind of inconvenient, especially if looking at a lot of pics, but you can rotate the pic 90 degrees, then rotate back and it will be corrected.

megalomaniac

I would suspect a silent firmware update if they are cell cams caused the problem. Make Moultrie aware.

I have had similar issues with other cams (pic wouldn't open in pic viewer, but would open in paint) when the batteries were just before completely dead. Must be a write issue with the camera... so consider replacing with fresh batteries.

backyardtndeer

I would suspect a silent firmware update if they are cell cams caused the problem. Make Moultrie aware.

I have had similar issues with other cams (pic wouldn't open in pic viewer, but would open in paint) when the batteries were just before completely dead. Must be a write issue with the camera... so consider replacing with fresh batteries.
Mine are not cell cams. I have not updated the software on them this year either.

44 mag

Ok. Mine has started doing the same thing. Old moultrie that still uses C cells. I have no idea. You can view it as a slide show and it is full screen but you can't delete any of them that way

tellico4x4

Lance, I had the exact same problem with 3 Moultrie non cell cams this summer. All started about same time and haven't been able to figure out. None of them have been updated in a long time. I suspect that it may have been a Microsoft update. Have tried to view on 3 diff Windows machines & get same results. Have not tried on Apple or others. I pulled them out of woods & they've been laying by my desk for 2-3 mos....

TheLBLman

Here is THE fix:

Simply download the FREE program PhotoScape X from the Microsoft store.

Start using this photo program to open all your .jpeg images.
After you use it a bit, you will likely like it better than whatever you were using previously.

Seriously, I like this PhotoScape X better than what I had been using,
and am now using it to view the pics from all my cam cards.

Best of all, the pics from the Moultries now open & view exactly the same as all the others.

TheLBLman

I downloaded LBLman's idea. Worked good, but will have to fool around with it to check out the photo editing functions.
Just be sure to make it your "default" photo viewer, that way any photo you click on will open with this program automatically.
You will have no more problems viewing the Moultrie pics,
and believe will come to "like" this program better.

Latest posts