Got a Problem

philsanchez76

Yeah for the most part. I'd guess 30%-50% of bucks using the property are return customers. A few live on ot very near. A few pop in just for the fall & winter, and a few pass through once never to be seen again. Neighbors and public land hunters get a share, too. I'm surrounded three sides by 10,000 acres of state forest. It's not often a public land hunter ventures this deep but the ones who do are serious and do so with a purpose. Otherwise most hunters around here just put piles of corn in the woods behind their house and call it hunting. That's the beauty of a bait legal state. Makes people lazy lol
Sounds like a good set up for ya. Everyone complains about baiting, but you make a good point on how it makes the hunters lazy. Why hike 2 miles into the woods when you can go 40 feet and sit over a corn pile haha.

Ski

The bully may be the 8 pt.

Timing is off. He was beat up with gore holes already before the big one lost his beam. I suppose he could have picked another fight but I'm not sure.

This area is notorious for very big deer so it's no telling what the culprit looks like. Most of the giants are in the river bottom ag, not so much up here in the big timber hill country. But two of the hollows that adjoin in the middle of my property both empty out directly into the river a mile away. That's not a far trek for a buck.

Latest posts