Phase Two Complete

Lt.Dan

I'm working on building a fishing rig. Today I set up a new trailer for my 14' Jon Boat. That was phase two. I still need some fresh paint and phase 3 will be the motor. I'm going with a Mercury 4 stroke 9.9hp.

20230708_130255.jpg

redblood

I'm working on building a fishing rig. Today I set up a new trailer for my 14' Jon Boat. That was phase two. I still need some fresh paint and phase 3 will be the motor. I'm going with a Mercury 4 stroke 9.9hp.

View attachment 185113
Awesome LT Dan. Im about to do a similar one. But im going with 25 hp jet. Lowe 1448 jon boat. What size boat is that

Lt.Dan

Awesome LT Dan. Im about to do a similar one. But im going with 25 hp jet. Lowe 1448 jon boat. What size boat is that
It's a 1975 "The Howard Fisherman" 14ft. Model 1446DW made by El Do - Craft Boat Co. In Smackover Arkansas 😆 It does not leak at all. So apparently those boys knew how to build a boat.

Screenshot_20230521_173014_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

NumberOne

He was butt hurt on another post about a general comment I made. So I edited the comment and I guess he took it personal.

Well you said you wished other boaters that run "wide open" at night would hit a log or sandbar and judging from your edit you weren't kidding. Don't run that 9.9 wide open at night. I would hate to see the 4.5 mph from that beast.

Lt.Dan

Well you said you wished other boaters that run "wide open" at night would hit a log or sandbar and judging from your edit you weren't kidding. Don't run that 9.9 wide open at night. I would hate to see the 4.5 mph from that beast.
It would be nasty accident for sure. I will run it just past idle, nice and safe 😆 🤣 😂

Lt.Dan

Yeah sometimes they are useful even when your motor takes the day off….without telling you!
I have another row boat with oar locks for sale (no oars). When I told a kid who was looking at it about them, he had no idea what oars were. Me, I'm old. I will call BoatUS for a tow if something happens. 😆

Latest posts