permethrin use

scn

Spray it on your clothes. DO NOT spray it on your skin.

It will kill ticks for several washings of your clothes.

I make sure I spray heavy on the waistbands, pants cuffs, button flys, etc to have a real barrier for the ticks to go across to get to my skin.

I've been using it since I bought my first can at LBL over 30 years ago, and nothing else even comes close for dealing with ticks.

diamond hunter

Those little seed ticks hammer me in early summer when Im watering trees or in the woods,Do I just get a set of clothes an spray the heck out of them and wear that the rest of the summer or spray every time out?How much do I mix,I got a bottle at TSC??

scn

KANATI McD said:
Good info. What rate do you mix it at?

There was a fairly recent thread in the General Forum that gave the mixing rates. If you can't find it, hopefully one of the guys that know the formula will answer in.

BTW, thank you for the advice on the pilot lights and polyuretahane. We were super careful, and so far haven't had any issues.

stik

diamond hunter said:
Those little seed ticks hammer me in early summer when Im watering trees or in the woods,Do I just get a set of clothes an spray the heck out of them and wear that the rest of the summer or spray every time out?How much do I mix,I got a bottle at TSC??

i've never seen seed ticks until august when they hatch. only adult ticks until then.

KANATI McD

scn said:
KANATI McD said:
Good info. What rate do you mix it at?

There was a fairly recent thread in the General Forum that gave the mixing rates. If you can't find it, hopefully one of the guys that know the formula will answer in.

BTW, thank you for the advice on the pilot lights and polyuretahane. We were super careful, and so far haven't had any issues

Good deal. Just wanted to make you aware of it. Flash fires are no joke!

AT Hiker

BSK said:
If the liquid is 10%, you want to reduce that to 0.5%, so a mixing rate of 20:1 would be safest.

I like a higher mix, 1% seems to work best for me and stays on the clothing longer.

FYI...a 5% solution cream is used to treat scabies, applied once a week, so dont fret over getting a .5% solution on your skin by accident.

plinker22

Permethrin-10, TractorSupply.
15 oz of Water to 1 oz of 10% petmethrin give you concentration of .625
Spray on clothes until wet... then allow to completely dry.
Will remain effective through several washings.

This is what I purchased.
SC20130320-205302_zpsbeba073b.png

Latest posts