PB has hit the dirt

30-06 type of guy

This dude has gave me a run for my money. Tuesday I went after him but couldn't pin point before he flew down so I chose the closer bird. Yesterday he gobbled twice kinda in the same spot but alil closer so I hit a creek bed to slip up on him quietly but he shut up once again. Fighting thru a jungle I hung it up cuz i figured if I hadn't already I would spook him. I came back mid day and sit on a ridge I knew they liked but he never sounded off. This morning I went to my normal listening spot and he sounded off right behind me but a ridge over from where I was midday yesterday. I slipped in under bout 80 yards thinking he would fly down towards this opening. He gobbled several times on roost but only responded to me once. He finally hit the ground before 630 he gobbled so I checked him and he responded right back. He went quiet for 20 min then gobbled and I knew he wasn't coming down the ridge so headed up for him. Got to a spot and he gobbled at me moving around so I hit him with the leaves. I finally crawled up to 2 trees connected together with a split in the middle so I could peep between it. Raking the leaves finally made him come up so I could see his head. Stepped it off at 45 steps. 1 3/8 spurs 10" beard 21lb
D1552C9A-1DEE-4090-9D40-8AFFF604CD15.jpeg
BCCBAAFE-093B-4B29-8782-AB008F217381.png
36301EF2-2081-435F-A324-7EEBEABD5BD0.jpeg

Latest posts