Oysters, nads, nuts. Do you eat them?

shane37110

Fried them up from a buck I got Tuesday evening. When I gutted him I got the inner tenderloins, testicles and liver to eat while my processed has does his thing. Breaded and fried them up last night with gravy mashed potatoes and corn. My buddy at work, jtw465 on here was all "hell naw" about it. We always ate them growing up. Hog cutting time was a big meal too. Who else eats them here?

shane37110

Yall sound like squeamish little girls on here. I can see where some might choose to eat the balls but liver, heart and sweetbreads is where its at. Or brains and eggs or chitlins. A whole lot of eat in is wasted on most deer.

Whitehorse

I've not tried "fries," though I know some upstanding people who like them. I've seen where rural churches & groups have a "rooster fries" dinner to raise funds.

From what I've seen, to prepare them properly they have to be pounded out like a minute steak.

shane37110

I usually either parboil them to firm them up on the inside or partially freeze them. Either way makes them slice better. These I just sliced them as is and breaded and fried them like tenderloins. A little hot sauce is all they need at that point

Hunter0678

a farmer friend gives us a bunch of calf nuts every spring when he does his cuttin, bread um and fry um add a little hot sauce and you have a meal made for a king.... the kids dont know there not chicken nuggets... hehe.

X-Tennessean

I have eaten bull, lamb and pig, as a matter of fact, just cooked 10 lbs of pig nuts couple weeks ago!
Been tempted to try deer but honestly never think about saving them while field dressing.

We used to have a nut supper and would feed 30-40 guys. Carried my two 13 yr old nephews and told them they were chicken nuggets!! LOL They ate the far out of them and after the fact they were really suprised, can't cook them anymore without them hoovering around the cooker.....they love'm
I think its a mind game for most people like other things.

BranchWater

If you didn't know what you were eating and they are cooked right, you would never know you were eating hog balls.

444 Fan

BamaProud":1pqpkq60 said:
I had them once(beef) in Oklahoma City....at Cattlemans.

Same here, not bad..... haven't tried buck balls but Steve Rinella describes them as having a "bacony" flavor.

Latest posts