optimal fertilizer rates?

stirrat

what is everyone using for fertilizer rates on decent bottomland soil. i believe i have used 250# of triple 15 in the past. anyone using more or less with good results? thanks.

planting clover, bf oats, rape

Boone 58

X-2....i plant wheat and clover so i go for 5-24-20 or just 0-20-20....The clover doesnt need the nitrogen, it stores nitrogen in its roots and the wheat can feef off of it for its nitrogen needs. We use 13-13-13 if we can get the better price when planting it in the fall but after that any follow up is with the two mentioned above. Great results. we do soil testing and list these two as the items planted for the test results.

DWM

Like already said get a soil sample. There is no way of knowing what is need if you do not know the fertility of your soil. If your ph is bad the fertilizer won't do much good anyway and soil test will tell you the lime requirements also.

MickThompson

A soil test is $7. That is the best $7 you can spend on a food plot. If money is an issue and you have to pick between lime and fertilizer, lime wins. If your pH is too low, many soil nutrients (the fertilizer you plan on spreading) are unavailable to the plants. Call your county extension agent and they should be able to get you some soil sample boxes.

Latest posts