Opinions on trail cams

JCDEERMAN

From what I have seen, deer will tolerate a white flash camera alot more than a red glow camera. For some reason, the red glow scares the heck out of (most of) them, not all. Some think they are models, no matter what cam is out there. I have seen a handfull of mature bucks stay in front of them for an extended period of time, but overall for most mature deer, they wont hang around long - And I look at thousands and thousands of pics

True black flash cams on the other hand are a different story. They are flat out amazing. Bushnell and Primos have them in the $200 range. I got a Primos one for Christmas, but havent had a chance to set it up in the woods yet. The test pics I conducted from a dark room :crazy: were good, but I could see the red glow....even though it was supposed to be a black flash camera. I dont see anything with my Reconyx's and they are the ones that have my whole heart lol.

Trailcams hold the true defination of "you get what you pay for"

In the Cross Hairs

JCDEERMAN said:
From what I have seen, deer will tolerate a white flash camera alot more than a red glow camera. For some reason, the red glow scares the heck out of (most of) them, not all. Some think they are models, no matter what cam is out there. I have seen a handfull of mature bucks stay in front of them for an extended period of time, but overall for most mature deer, they wont hang around long - And I look at thousands and thousands of pics

True black flash cams on the other hand are a different story. They are flat out amazing. Bushnell and Primos have them in the $200 range. I got a Primos one for Christmas, but havent had a chance to set it up in the woods yet. The test pics I conducted from a dark room :crazy: were good, but I could see the red glow....even though it was supposed to be a black flash camera. I dont see anything with my Reconyx's and they are the ones that have my whole heart lol.

Trailcams hold the true defination of "you get what you pay for"

Do you know what the Reconyx's usually run ? I agree with your statement ...... "you get what you pay for ". I will do a little surfing and see if I can find their price range . Thank you
If anyone else would like to chime in on their opinions . I am more than willing to listen .

Shed Hunter

With what you want to spend you won't have enough for a Reconyx. I'd love to have one. Like JCDEERMAN said, they are worth what you pay for them.

btw the cheapest Reconyx that I know of costs $450. The way I look at it is you can get 9 $50 Tasco cameras for the price of one Reconyx :)

backstraps

You should really consider some quality homebrew cameras.

There are a couple guys on here more than qualified to build what you need...get in touch with FIREMANJIM, I know you wont be able to beat his warranty! His worksmanship, and cameras are really top notch.

In the Cross Hairs

backstraps said:

There are a couple guys on here more than qualified to build what you need...get in touch with FIREMANJIM, I know you wont be able to beat his warranty! His worksmanship, and cameras are really top notch.

Thanks , I will drop him a PM !

paradis1142

In the Cross Hairs said:
backstraps said:

Thanks , I will drop him a PM !
Thats what I would do, and probably will do this summer. I believe they come with a forever warranty.

JCDEERMAN

Thats what I would do. As soon as my red glow cameras die off, I will be doing nothing but 1) homebrews and 2) keeping my Reconyx's sailing

Good time Charlie

All of the above are good choices,of course I am partial to the Homebrews,But if I were going out to buy one comm. cam It would be a LTL. Acorn.
From what I have seen of these things they take incredible Pics.

bucks2beards outdoor

we have run every camera made including cuddybacks and some higher end cameras. The Primos truth 46 camera is by far the best camera for the money we have ever used,no noise and battery life is unbeleavable. Worst camera we have are cuddybacks Junk!!
just our expiereance

BSK

Big Dawg said:
Spypoint.....they have a less than 1 percent return rate.

Says who? Spypoint?

The real return rate on Chinese-made cameras is close to 30%, with some brands being higher.

FIREMANJIM

Cuddeback and Spypoints come off the same assembly line. There is 3 factories in China that make EVERY COMMERCAIL.CAMERA MADE except.for Reconyx,Buckeye's and homebrews. They all are basically the same. They tesy one in every ten thousand units that comes off the line. Most companies have less than $17.00 in a unit.

Good time Charlie

And Camtrakker...which is really a homebrew
Here is what I like I have them all in except 2.

DSCN0450.jpg

4 NIKON L11's 4 Sony s40's

Should keep me busy for a while

DSC00006-1.jpg

Latest posts