opinions on ruger #1

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
DA, I knew you would say that :D..I sure like the way the #1 looks..

I have heard mixed feeling about it in the past saying either you would get a good shooter or you would get one that would hit a pie plate everytime. But reading post in that link above they say something about a set screw and it making all of them shoot well...

Buccaneer

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
I had one in 22-250 and loved the looks and function of the rifle. It was hit or miss accuracy wise though. The information about forearm bedding pressure methods is right. I added extra bedding pressure to the forearm and then the rifle shot tacks. I can remember sitting at the range with 22 cases lined up at 100 yards shooting them one by one after the adjustment. Why I sold that rifle I don't know. I wish I had it back.

Tikkabuck

They are really purty but accuracy is spoty but I find that with alot of Rugers their either dead acurite or they need playing with.

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
Tikkabuck said:
They are really purty but accuracy is spoty but I find that with alot of Rugers their either dead acurite or they need playing with.
That is right in line with everything i have heard. I think I am going back to a 700...after everything I have read, and owning 1 in the past, I feel I can't go wrong..I was shown a rem 700 in LSS last night and it looks as good a gun as I would ever want.Just got to figure out the cal I want.

Buccaneer

JoeyA: I have a Remington 700 LTR "Light Tactical Rifle" in .308 and this is the most accurate rifle in my collection. It is an amazing gun and I love the short fluted barrel. Super accurate out to 300 yds which is as far as my range can go. If you like 700's I would look into this.
DSC00509.jpg

CRD2

I had a 25-06 also. It would absolutely shoot! I shot an 8 pointer at 227 yards(rangefinder) that went nowhere but down. My brother has a .270 that is also a tack driver. Handloads out of both. Great guns, at least the two we shoot.

Latest posts