Opinions on 405 PowerBelts

b-model mack

Anyone ever use 405 gr. Copperplated Powerbelts? Found some while looking for Saber Tooth bullets. Purchased both at same time. Have not tried them out yet. Look like they would work well with lower powder charges in older guns. Please post experiences. Thanks

BSK

b-model mack,

Th 405 grn Aerotip Powerbelt is all that I use in my Omega anymore. They have been extremely accurate for me, as have all sizes of Powerbelts. However, like many others have experienced with Powerbelts (both aerotip and hollowpoint), any weight below 348 grn display explosive expansion on deer, leading to no exit wound and no blood trail. I moved up to the 405 grn after nearly losing all of the deer I had hit with the 295 grn aerotips and have been extremely pleased with the 405 grn aerotips. All hits with the 405 grn aerotips have been pass-throughs.

A

Anonymous

How much powder do you use DA?

Tomorrow I will play with some hollow point platinums(plastic aero tips removed lol) but will probably keep using the 348gr HP copper PBs. I have always used them with good results. Oh, I use 100 gr pre-formed triple7 with mine.

Latest posts