Opinion on 1911 45 acp???

Hogbear

These days they're all so much better than the guns Colt was putting out in the 70's and 80's. It's really hard to go wrong with just about any of them. Unless you're competing at the national level, just buy a Taurus PT1911 and be happy.

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT1911.htm

Here's a group fired by the Taurus by Jeff Quinn at Gunblast:

MVC-104F.jpg

I really like my Para-Ordinance P-12 that I bought back in 1993. Surprisingly accurate and so far 100% reliable.

FULLDRAWXX75

I have to agree with Hogbear & tndrbstr, but one thing that alot of buyers overlook is fit and feel.

I bought my S&W 45 because it fit my hand the best of all the guns I tried at that time.

If it doesn't fit or feels awkward in your hand, you will never be happy with it................ever.

If something is uncomfortable you will not use it.

FDXX75

Hammer

That brings up another question. Do you buy a 1911 that is factory tricked out or do you buy a standard model and trick it out yourself??? (example trigger, sites etc....)

FULLDRAWXX75

All depends on what you like and if those options are available with the purchase.

Sad to say but money usually dictates the final outcome...................

FDXX75

Kimberman

My Kimber shot well, my friends Springfield shot well, my Dads S&W shot well. For under a $1000 I would go with one of those and include the Dan Wesson in that list. If you want to go over a grand go Wilson, Les Baer, or Ed Brown.

firefox

No better pistol has ever been made. I don't feel I'm up to the level of shooting that my GI Springfield would need 'customization'. At 25 yards I can put all seven rounds into the boiler room of a standard silhuotte. My 9mm's and SW revolvers do the same but for me there is a special feeling when I grab the 1911

Model70Man

There is just something about my Sig GSR 1911 that I truely love. The way it feels in my hands, the way it points, and how it feels when I shoot it. Not to mention the awesome accuracy. Now I want the smaller C3 version.