Opening weekend forecast

catman529

We're under 6 days so the forecast might start to look more accurate in the next few days. I hope it stays like it is right now. What are y'all looking at for your part of TN?

4cfad9097a27b2e2642f70a8bf57f97d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elknturkey

Looking great if I hunt. Going 2 or 3 more days this week to try and locate some but not looking good. Sounded like they were all at your spot [emoji1]

b4aa8c02f8847bc9111215b92f897635.jpg

Bone Collector

Not looking as promising. I was looking forward to temps in the low 50's and now it looks like it will be mid 40's at daylight. Oh well i twas like 40 last year and like 42 the year before and I killed one both openers, so we'll see how it goes this year.

catman529

Bone Collector":9d6vle97 said:
Not looking as promising. I was looking forward to temps in the low 50's and now it looks like it will be mid 40's at daylight. Oh well i twas like 40 last year and like 42 the year before and I killed one both openers, so we'll see how it goes this year.
40s is pretty normal for early season, I've hunted when it was barely 30 and had birds gobbling, I think the forecast looks better than it did now that the chance of rain is gone and it looks like it will be sunny skies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLRanger

Don't think the temp matters to the turkeys......Coldest morning I ever hunted was on a quota hunt at LBL, April 16, 2007 (I think). It was 17 degrees that morning! I think every gobbler in the woods sounded off that morning. Prefer morning temps in mid 40s and high temps in the mid 60s, clear with no wind. :drool:

elknturkey

Surprised by the morning temps a lot of you prefer. I'll take a 30 degree morning over a 50 any day. Real warm mornings seen to slow the gobbling here especially if it's humid. Right now for Saturday they're calling for morning showers and the wind is suppose to be bad Thursday evening thru Friday. Not sure if that will carry over to Saturday. Don't mind rain but hate wind

Andy S.

elknturkey":2cm3njwy said:
I'll take a 30 degree morning over a 50 any day.
Same here, but my ideal morning is 36-42 with little to no wind. I am hot natured, typically hunt hilly terrain with a fair amount of relief, and I rarely sit in one place long. It does not take long for 40 degrees to feel like 60 degrees to me. :)

FLTENNHUNTER1

Andy S.":2jl9tysa said:
elknturkey":2jl9tysa said:
Same here, but my ideal morning is 36-42 with little to no wind. I am hot natured, typically hunt hilly terrain with a fair amount of relief, and I rarely sit in one place long. It does not take long for 40 degrees to feel like 60 degrees to me. :)

x2 I am extremely hot blooded and rarely even where a coat in the winter.

Setterman

Andy S.":ok9jrai6 said:
elknturkey":ok9jrai6 said:
Nothing worse then pouring sweat on the way in, in the dark. I love to step out of the truck and there be a slight chill. No wind and a good dew means an active morning most days

Latest posts