Opening day looking good

catman529

Scouted some spots yesterday that I've been wanting to scout for a while. Some of my pins were almost 2 years old, these were pins I dropped on OnX while cyber scouting on my phone. It took me that long to get around to checking them out in person. There's so much public around here I may never set foot in half of the public just in region II alone.

Saw a few small bucks and tons of does and fawns. Overpopulated I'd say. Out of all the ground I covered, I only found 3 treestands. Curious to see how the pressure is. It definitely looks like not enough does are being killed. I'm gonna try to take a few out if all goes well. Trying the new Swhacker 263s this year, they look like they might be really good.

5812EF06-B15C-4C2D-B361-1B55C92BDABD.jpeg
06F1546E-8C9A-4E62-B564-8A1B729DECFD.jpeg
D05F037F-8BC3-4DE5-BF98-59DA07057D37.jpeg
41D3D462-D88D-45E7-8B74-CE17F4398708.jpeg

killingtime 41

I have no doubt in my mind catman you will kill plenty of deer. I also like to explore new areas. Can't ever put all your eggs in one basket. And it seems to me that you scout a ton of areas. And know exactly what to look for. You never know what that other piece being 20 acres or 20,000 has on it without boots on the ground. Good luck

JAY B

Scouted some spots yesterday that I've been wanting to scout for a while. Some of my pins were almost 2 years old, these were pins I dropped on OnX while cyber scouting on my phone. It took me that long to get around to checking them out in person. There's so much public around here I may never set foot in half of the public just in region II alone.

Saw a few small bucks and tons of does and fawns. Overpopulated I'd say. Out of all the ground I covered, I only found 3 treestands. Curious to see how the pressure is. It definitely looks like not enough does are being killed. I'm gonna try to take a few out if all goes well. Trying the new Swhacker 263s this year, they look like they might be really good.

View attachment 148813View attachment 148814View attachment 148812View attachment 148815
Looks like you should be in business! Interested in the 263s, have you shot them in the past ? Are they a new broadhead from swhacker?

catman529

Looks like you should be in business! Interested in the 263s, have you shot them in the past ? Are they a new broadhead from swhacker?
I have not shot them yet. They are 125 grain 1.75" cut, solid steel ferrule instead of the hollow aluminum ferrule. They look tough and should punch through a deer easy. I shot the 243s last year and the 207s before that. They all have been good to me.

gun nut

I have not shot them yet. They are 125 grain 1.75" cut, solid steel ferrule instead of the hollow aluminum ferrule. They look tough and should punch through a deer easy. I shot the 243s last year and the 207s before that. They all have been good to me.
I'm shooting 202s this year

Carlos

At first I thought this post was going to be something else.

Glad you aren't lowering yourself to those standards, CM. Your content has always been my absolute favorite to watch, hoping you didn't have your toes stepped on as a result of the recent feedback and dissatisfaction with Seek1's MO.

These cooler temps have gotten us all in the mood. I've been shooting my bow quite a bit already, about 5-6 shots each morning before work. With any luck I'll have some fresh venison ready in the first week of October.

👍

catman529

At first I thought this post was going to be something else.

Glad you aren't lowering yourself to those standards, CM. Your content has always been my absolute favorite to watch, hoping you didn't have your toes stepped on as a result of the recent feedback and dissatisfaction with Seek1's MO.

These cooler temps have gotten us all in the mood. I've been shooting my bow quite a bit already, about 5-6 shots each morning before work. With any luck I'll have some fresh venison ready in the first week of October.

👍
Thanks. Not sure what you meant about standards, but yes these cool temps are nice.

In other news I got my 11 point ML buck back from the taxidermist today. Got another look at Lee's velvet rack as well as a few other impressive 160+ inch racks from the velvet hunt around the area. Some dang good deer were killed on the velvet hunt around here.

Carlos

Thanks. Not sure what you meant about standards, but yes these cool temps are nice.

In other news I got my 11 point ML buck back from the taxidermist today. Got another look at Lee's velvet rack as well as a few other impressive 160+ inch racks from the velvet hunt around the area. Some dang good deer were killed on the velvet hunt around here.
I was referring to the guys who are bickering about shooting the semi-tame deer.

Latest posts