One less deer cam

BamaDave

Had my Cam Trakker stolen a couple of weeks ago in Wayne Co. I just hate that people feel they must take things that don't belong to them!!!!

LanceS4803

One of the primary considerations for camera location is visibility from the trail, sometimes to the detrement of the best photos.
Had a spot picked out to move a camera to on Sunday, but when I walked the trail after installing, it was very noticeable at the bend in the trail. Eyes went right to it.

I like to put the camera above eye level, aimed down, about 8 feet high if possible.
Put it on a tree that has another tree beside it and the trail. Use the other tree trunk as screening.
I put camo tape all over the camera, it really blends.
Don't forget the sides and maybe back of the camera. Black shows easily.
On my Wildgame, it came with a black nylon strap. Camo tape the strap also.

DMD

LanceS4803 said:
One of the primary considerations for camera location is visibility from the trail, sometimes to the detrement of the best photos.
Had a spot picked out to move a camera to on Sunday, but when I walked the trail after installing, it was very noticeable at the bend in the trail. Eyes went right to it.

I like to put the camera above eye level, aimed down, about 8 feet high if possible.
Put it on a tree that has another tree beside it and the trail. Use the other tree trunk as screening.
I put camo tape all over the camera, it really blends.
Don't forget the sides and maybe back of the camera. Black shows easily.
On my Wildgame, it came with a black nylon strap. Camo tape the strap also.

Good Ideas!

Pic IN the Casa

I have a Moultrie about 8 foot up a tree on family land. It's on a 4 wheeler trail that is used by in law kids and folks I don't even know. It's amazing how many pics of people I get on it.

BamaDave

The bad thing is, the camera was well inside my lease and in the woods. The person that took it was well inside my property lines and had to walk right in front of the camera to see it. I usually lock it to the tree with a chain and lock, but I have had this lease for 5yrs now and haven't had a problem.....until now. Lesson learned the hard way.

stratos195

I know the filling, had two ladder stands and one this year come up gone. Never got to hunt out of one of them. I hope they fall out and break their neck.

BigD_625

Had that feeling too. Had a ladder stand taken, and the landowner's stand is still in the same place right next to the trail where it's been for 2 years.

Good time Charlie

If I am not mistaken they can track the camtrakker,I know the new ones have the little tracking chip.
I know the guy on another site, Get a h old of him and see what he says.
I would love for someone to get their butt nailed over stealing a cam or stand.
The technology is out there ...I just do not know why it is not being used,All it would take is a small GPS Ping,hid inside the cam or stand.

BamaDave

Good time Charlie said:
If I am not mistaken they can track the camtrakker,I know the new ones have the little tracking chip.
I know the guy on another site, Get a h old of him and see what he says.
I would love for someone to get their butt nailed over stealing a cam or stand.
The technology is out there ...I just do not know why it is not being used,All it would take is a small GPS Ping,hid inside the cam or stand.

My Cam Trakker is about 10-12 years old. I wouldn't think that they would have installed that little device back then. I wish though.

Boone 58

BamaDave said:
Had my Cam Trakker stolen a couple of weeks ago in Wayne Co. I just hate that people feel they must take things that don't belong to them!!!!

I hunt there.....have for 13 years, i have lost 2 myself there. :(

Latest posts