old primer tool

KPH

IMG_0973.jpg

KPH

this was in with some of my daddy's stuff and i ran across it looking for something else i don't know much about it i know i never knew he reloaded it may have belonged to his dad

Last edited:

Huntaholic

I have that exact thing! It was in with a bunch of bullet molds that have been handed down for generations through my family! The question I have is HOW DOES IT WORK?

KPH

DOH!!!!!! I figured it out! Mine is for a 10ga. Sure looks to me like a good way to pop off a primer though!
they where most likely loading black powder and you would be pushing the primer in about the same as you would a press today. i wish i had the rest that went with it

Huntaholic

they where most likely loading black powder and you would be pushing the primer in about the same as you would a press today. i wish i had the rest that went with it
What else went with it? That one tool is all Ive got as well except for 5 or 6 bullet molds. Ive been meaning to fire up the lead pot and cast some in them so I can measure and see what caliber they are. All of them are small, under 45 cal for sure.

KPH

What else went with it? That one tool is all Ive got as well except for 5 or 6 bullet molds. Ive been meaning to fire up the lead pot and cast some in them so I can measure and see what caliber they are. All of them are small, under 45 cal for sure.
i goggled it and it looked like there a pin that may have been used for capping, something to measure the powder and a wooden dowel.

Smo

KPH,

What makes you think it's a priming tool?

Could it be a black powder gun ramrod puller?

ACD68FBB-D88E-49EB-A68E-832B1624C217.jpeg

Or possibly a tool for removing primers from shot shells?
Could you provide some measurements of the tool ?
Thanks

Latest posts