Oklahoma Muzzleloader Season

bigfoot318

Does anyone on here ever hunt the Oklahoma muzzleloader season? It opens on Oct 24th, 2009 so it would be a good opportunity to hunt before the TN muzzleloader season. Anyone interested in going on a trip out to OK for mz season?

BigSatt

I have researched Ok. for some time now. Have a few contacts out there, and it sounds tempting. I thought about going this year, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to. I've got too many irons in the fire this year. Maybe next year. Keep me in mind.

bigfoot318

Cecil30-30, At the time I was hunting private land. Back in 1995 you could still get landowner permission just by knocking on a few doors. All that land has since been leased for big $$$.

The $201 is only your deer tag. It is 201 for a buck mz tag, 201 for doe mz tag, 201 for buck rifle tag, 201 for doe rifle tag...you get the picture. When I got my lifetime license I paid $400. Money well spent considering what the tags have went up to. This is what I found on the Oklahoma DOW website:

Nonresident Deer Licenses

Nonresidents must purchase a Legacy permit, and may purchase either a $201 deer license (licenses are season-specific and allow the harvest of one (1) deer) or a $251 season-specific combination deer license that allows them to harvest one (1) antlered and one (1) antlerless deer. These licenses are valid on both public and private lands. Separate licenses exist for archery, muzzleloader and gun seasons.

If a nonresident purchases one (1) of these $251 season-specific combination licenses, they may also purchase an additional antlerless only deer license for $51. This license is only valid for the season for which it was purchased and it is valid only on private lands not managed by the Department. For example, if a hunter purchases a $251 primitive firearms combination deer license, he would be eligible to purchase an additional antlerless primitive firearms deer license for $51.

Licenses are not transferable between seasons and none are valid during the holiday antlerless deer gun season, which requires a $201 nonresident holiday antlerless deer gun license.

Combined Season Limit

The combined season limit for deer archery, youth deer gun, deer muzzleloader and deer gun seasons is no more than six (6) deer per individual. This limit may include no more than two (2) antlered deer.

Deer taken by hunters participating in holiday antlerless deer gun seasons or controlled hunts are not included in the hunter�s combined season limit.

Deer taken during the Jan. 1 - 15, 2009 archery season count toward the 2008 bag limit.

Latest posts