NWR Hunts

Hawk

Did the government shutdown affect the drawing timing?

I have seen nothing posted here about being drawn or rejected.

SKFOOTER

It actually made no sense for them to extend the Refuge application period thru the end of February due to the government shutdown since the U S Postal Service was not affected by the shutdown. In fact, extending the application period actually makes it more difficult to get drawn due to the probability of more applications being submitted and no preference point system in place.

Andy S.

Few guys I know received their postcards yesterday. With the MS River stages we are experiencing now, as well as those forecasted at end of March, I would not get too excited about the LH and Chickasaw hunts anyways.

SKFOOTER

Andy S.":2hqerweg said:
Few guys I know received their postcards yesterday. With the MS River stages we are experiencing now, as well as those forecasted at end of March, I would not get too excited about the LH and Chickasaw hunts anyways.
Postcards confirming a draw or a non-draw??

Hawk

SKFOOTER":1t49bf18 said:
Andy S.":1t49bf18 said:
Postcards confirming a draw or a non-draw??
Letters requesting 15 bucks are sent if one is drawn.

SKFOOTER

SKFOOTER":qjmhn7cb said:
I realize that. I was just curious if the post cards that Andy's contacts received yesterday were confirmations or denials??
Thanks Andy. Was just curious if their procedures had changed.

Andy S.

I received my LH denial yesterday, no word on Chickasaw yet. That makes 10 years in a row applying for LH, and never being drawn. It reminds me of the Powerball lottery.

Hawk

SKFOOTER":1brbw6a0 said:
I realize that. I was just curious if the post cards that Andy's contacts received yesterday were confirmations or denials??

They now use a card to notify you if drawn. They are yellow.

Andy S.

I received my yellow card today for Chickasaw Apr. 4-7 hunt, with a March 15th suspense for payment. With MS River Memphis gage expected to be 40' or so during my hunt, I'll likely pass on sending money in this year.

Hawk

Andy S.":17a0uzgk said:
I received my yellow card today for Chickasaw Apr. 4-7 hunt, with a March 15th suspense for payment. With MS River Memphis gage expected to be 40' or so during my hunt, I'll likely pass on sending money in this year.

Is that a Corps prediction for Memphis? I got the same yellow card as you.

SKFOOTER

Does TWRA close the turkey season along the Mississippi River floodplain when the River reaches a certain height like they do during deer season??

Latest posts