Number of bucks so far

BSK

Anyone else, especially in West TN, seeing an unusual number of bucks for this time of year?

The last couple of years, I've only picked up 406 unique bucks during the summer - primarily because does and their fwns were dominating the habitat. But this year I've already picked up 25 unique bucks. That's by far the most ever for the summer.

Specializedjon

Anyone else, especially in West TN, seeing an unusual number of bucks for this time of year?

The last couple of years, I've only picked up 406 unique bucks during the summer - primarily because does and their fwns were dominating the habitat. But this year I've already picked up 25 unique bucks. That's by far the most ever for the summer.
:oops:

I think you meant 4-6? 😂

Hduke86

I just want to see 406 bucks in my lifetime 🤣

JedEckert

Normal for my property in the summer is 8-12 different buck. Now the doe numbers are becoming overwhelming.
If only the TWRA could offer an extra incentive for hunters to shoot more does....

Specializedjon

Common core math for the win 8>9-2=2.33,9@
Correction....

IIII
IIIIII

-IIIIII
-IIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (let's just pretend there are 406)
- IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (400)

Answer - 6

Hduke86

W
Normal for my property in the summer is 8-12 different buck. Now the doe numbers are becoming overwhelming.
If only the TWRA could offer an extra incentive for hunters to shoot more does....
What unit would that be in? Reason I ask is what kind of incentive does TWRA give you to shoot more does on your own property. I can see if it's in a unit with restricted doe harvest but if it's in a unit with 3 does a day I don't know what more they could offer.

Ski

I'm not seeing more bucks than usual, but am seeing more older bucks. I'm also not seeing the same bucks over and over as is typical in summer. Oddly I'm seeing lots of passer through groups of bucks. They seem to stay a day or two and move on, then another group shows up. I mean it's not 406 but it's a lot for this small property. ;)

I figured something would be different because unlike most years where the farmer has corn in one field and beans in the other, this year its all corn. Was curious how that would change the dynamics. Most fields in the area are corn this year. Very few beans. Bucks are much more mobile than usual and I think it's because they're not holed up all summer next to a bean field.

BSK

I figured something would be different because unlike most years where the farmer has corn in one field and beans in the other, this year its all corn. Was curious how that would change the dynamics. Most fields in the area are corn this year. Very few beans. Bucks are much more mobile than usual and I think it's because they're not holed up all summer next to a bean field.
I've noticed the high percentage of corn in the ag fields. Anyone know why so much corn and so little soybeans? Crop prices?

Latest posts