Now THAT's a FISH STORY!

mike243

:D,was bass fishing gunnersville 1 time & set the hook with a red 8" worm,about the time i set the hook my buddy casted 10' to the right of me.my line snapped due to the heavy grass & 2-3 seconds latter he got a strike.he reeled in a bass about 1lbs,sticking in its mouth was my worm.that bass was some kind of hungrey i reckon

Rowdy

Crazy stuff like that happens more often than you'd think.
On a trip down there years back, a friend of mine was jig fishn and had a 60lb wahoo
following his jig back to the boat, and when he lifted it out of the water the crazy
fish kept right on coming...right up over the rail and nailed my buddy in the chest.
Talk about guys scattering :D ....them eat good ;)

Winchester

I cant top that but had a crazy thing happen myself. A few years back, on April 19'th, which is my Birthday. A buddy and I had a B.I.T.E. tourn on Cherokee lake the next day, so we started out Turky hunting the TVA land and would finish practice fishing on the lake the remainder of the day. As luck would have it we killed 2 Turkeys right off the bat and were fishing in no time.
I was cranking a $10 custom home made crankbait (lil Petey) and had one hit. Line started peeling off the reel and the line snapped almost as fast. I was cussing and telling my buddy how heavy that fish felt and how it had to be a smallie the way it took off. I was in mid sentence when a 6+ lb smallmouth jumped 2 ft out the water right beside the trolling motor, shaking its head with my Lil Petey in its mouth. Before I could cuss even more the plug shook loose and hit me in the chest and landed in the floor of the boat! LOL at the time it didnt get any better, as I wasnt really interested in actually catching a bunch of fish, especially anything big, as we just needed to glean i lil info for the next day! I just grinned and tied my plug back on and put the rod in the locker, as we moved off in search of yet another pattern for tomm. Next day when we pulled in to this rock bank my buddy said why dont you catch the big girl that iked you wel enough to give you plug back yesterday?? FIRST CAST and she was pulling line again, but this time she ended up in the box and helped her part at 6.38 lbs!!!
Ill never know if it was the same fish, but Im saying it was, its my story and I can tell it anyway I want!!!lol

Baxter83

:D Pretty cool!

Winchester, that's pretty cool too!

The only time I've had anything like that happen was in a pond. I broke off on one and later caught him with my lure still in his mouth.

Winchester

Baxter83 said:
:D Pretty cool!

Winchester, that's pretty cool too!

The only time I've had anything like that happen was in a pond. I broke off on one and later caught him with my lure still in his mouth.
Had a buddy win a boat like that. Flipping down a bank and banged a biggen and broke his line on the hookset. As he was digging for another flipping stick he picked up his spinnerbait rod that was laying out and casted behind the boat, as he was saying I wish I had that one, she hit the spinnerbait. 6 1/2 lbs. He then took his jig out of her mouth and boxed her. Went on to when the boat that day. :cool:

Winchester

bowriter said:
I know all the people involved and I assure you, none of them would lie.
I dont know, Ol Sam that wrote the article might make it sound a lil better than it was!!! :grin: Im just kidding, ol Sam has wrote several on me over the years and I like to give him a hard time every now and then!
I agree its very likely word for word!

Latest posts