not a manziel NFL believer

monsterbuck07

I will probably eat my words, but I think he will do ok. He wants to win, sure he is one cocky son of a gun, but I think he will give them a chance.

Kingston

So this guy has played in what now-2 preseason games? He is just hitting the age where most start to actually mature some and that should help his game. I don't think anyone can discount the fact that he is ultra competitive and wants to win.
Maybe his style won't fly in the NFL but IMO it's too soon to tell for certain. He is also playing behind a O line that would struggle to keep a litter of Beagle pups contained.

THEdonkey0515

Kingston said:
So this guy has played in what now-2 preseason games? He is just hitting the age where most start to actually mature some and that should help his game. I don't think anyone can discount the fact that he is ultra competitive and wants to win.
Maybe his style won't fly in the NFL but IMO it's too soon to tell for certain. He is also playing behind a O line that would struggle to keep a litter of Beagle pups contained.
yeah and in his secend pre-season game he got mad cause he cant handle it and flips off the redskins side line

dr

gator-n-buck said:
I was thinking more like Heath Shuler..... :) He always makes the top 5 list of the biggest bust in NFL football..... :grin:
Shuler- good qb with a lot of potential, kind of like... TEBOW. Shuler got drafted by a lousy Redskins team, bad coach Norv, and and offensive line that couldn't block a stiff wind. Shuler had to scramble nearly every play to avoid the rush, and ended up with turf toe. Rumor is that his teammates resented his high dolar contract, and didn't put much effort into protecting him.

farmin68

Wrangler95 said:
Bucky said:
Another Tebow?

That is what I'm thinking

Mr.Bro said:
After his actions on and off the field. I'd say more like Vince Young.

If Manziel is a bust, which is likely, the majority will compare him to Tebow, but in all fairness to Johnny, he is much more like Vince Young. Tebow has class. Manziel and Young are classless dumbazz jerks.

farmin68

gator-n-buck said:
I was thinking more like Heath Shuler..... :) He always makes the top 5 list of the biggest bust in NFL football..... :grin:

Lol. I was a huge Shuler fan, but he never was a threat to make the Dean's list. Thinking back on his college career, a lot of his big plays were busted plays where he had to scramble. Amazing athletic skills can dominate in college, but not at QB in the NFL.

Kingston

I think some misunderstood my feelings towards Johnnyfootball.
I personally don't give a rats rump whether he succeeds or not. I was more stating that the NFL season is two weeks into PRE-SEASON of his rookie year. Most rookie QB's have not set the world on fire at this point in their NFL career.
Living in a glass house myself, I choose not to throw stones. :)
I will say this: IF[big if] he succeeds he will be fun to watch, but as I'm not a Browns fan It really doesn't matter to me.

moondawg

I've never understood why rookie QBs (or any rookie athlete) like Manziel, Brady Quinn, RG3, etc got a lot of attention before the regular season started. Sure, they were great in college. But they haven't even proved themselves yet in the NFL...haven't even played one season. Yet, they get all the media attention, commercial deals, etc. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Latest posts