No more corn for me...

MUP

Went out Friday after getting off work early and decided to check the cams. Had over 120 pics on the TCam in two weeks and was excited to see what I could see, but was very disappointed to find out that the whole feeder was drained by, get this

CROWS!!! :mad: All the pics were of just crows, and 1 turkey btw. NO deer, or EVEN COONS! :eek: I guess I'll just have to wait till the turnip patch wears out now. :crazy:

Good time Charlie

Yea ,they have all but quit my corn.The crows are wearing it out,the squirrels are getting their share,...but you are right
they are not coming to the corn like they did.

1 good shot

they are wearing out the trophy rock right now
all the green stuff really makes them want the minerals
we've got a couple of the out back behind the house and at any given time there is at least 3 or 4 deer on them

FLIPPER

MUP said:
Just to clarify, I have a doe and two last years young'uns visiting my TR site. So, all is not lost I suppose. ;)

Nothing but dollars. ;)

I have hundreds of pics of deer walking past TR to lick a plain 5 dollar mineral block from CO-OP.

Same as the farm. All salt activity is at the cattle salt, not TR site.

stik

FLIPPER said:
MUP said:
Just to clarify, I have a doe and two last years young'uns visiting my TR site. So, all is not lost I suppose. ;)

Nothing but dollars. ;)

I have hundreds of pics of deer walking past TR to lick a plain 5 dollar mineral block from CO-OP.

Same as the farm. All salt activity is at the cattle salt, not TR site.

mine is just the opposite. they ignored the coop block. the trophy rock hole is 2 ft deep.

MUP

I've used the mineral block from co op years ago with no action on it. Then, years later, hearing about the TR on this site, I tried it. They hit it way better than the mineral block I got from the co op. But then again, that was years ago. Maybe I just have more deer now. ;)

DMD

Mup,
Back in the old days, when I was using Film cameras, I would scour the country looking for 36 exposure rolls. I would put them in my old film game cam, and be so excited to come back the following week to check it. Sure enough, it would be full! I'd be so excited I couldn't wait, so I'd drive to Rite Aid and have them one hour developed. First picture would be crows flying in to corn. Second picture would be crows flying off because they were scared by sound of camera taking first picture. Third picture, would be crows flying back into corn. Fourth picture would be crows flying off because....well, I think you see where I'm going!!! 36 pictures of crows flying in and flying out taken in a 30 minute period!!!!

Film - probably $4 a roll, Corn - $5 for 50lbs, 1 hr develop - $10, Gas to go back and forth - $10! About $29 for 36 pictures of old CROWS!

Oh...the good old days! :)

Latest posts