Well this is a first for me!!

slabhead

We've been hunting this land going on 5 years now. We've had cameras out every year and most years leave them year round. I have to say I was a bit surprised when I checked pictures yesterday. I spoke with the landowner and he's lived on this land for over 20yrs and said he's never seen one before. He wasn't aware of anyone raising any around him either. Not sure where it came from!
IMG_3280.JPG

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I've said before that I'm surprised a pack of coyotes don't try to take a "wild" emu down, but I bet that thing is strong as an ox. I wonder where he roosts at night.
Where ever he wants to.
Them things can do some SERIOUS damage with those daggers on their feet.
Guy I know was raising them and one kicked him.
Missed the femoral artery my millimeters from what his son said.
He got very lucky... and got out of emu farming.

FTG-05

Probably an escape from a former Emu farm. I 'member about 15-20 years, emu farming was a Big Deal, then people found out the truth of the business and it dropped like a hot rock. My secretary at work husband fell into the hype. She said some of them escaped 'cause he got too tired of dealing with them. They lived up north of New Market AL at the time.

volboy

We've been hunting this land going on 5 years now. We've had cameras out every year and most years leave them year round. I have to say I was a bit surprised when I checked pictures yesterday. I spoke with the landowner and he's lived on this land for over 20yrs and said he's never seen one before. He wasn't aware of anyone raising any around him either. Not sure where it came from!
View attachment 198585
Is this Humphreys County? There has been one on the loose there for almost a couple of months
Think I read it was originally from Houston County and worked its way down towards Bakerville area. I saw something on it again maybe last week that it was in that general area.

slabhead

Is this Humphreys County? There has been one on the loose there for almost a couple of months
Think I read it was originally from Houston County and worked its way down towards Bakerville area. I saw something on it again maybe last week that it was in that general area.
Hickman County

BSK

I heard people talking about the local emu at the Humphreys County Co-op.

Latest posts