Nickajack??

TRIGGER

I have a bass tournament on Nickajack this coming Saturday. I was planning on going down early Friday morning to fish it for the first time but it looks like I will have to work Friday now. Any information on the fishing or just overview of the lake would be appreciated.
I have never fished a tournament and been so ill prepared but work and coaching my son's baseball team has taken all of my free time lately.

Hduke86

I don't bass fish hardly at all on Nickajack but looks like rain that day so be prepared for that. What part of Nickajack are you looking at cause technically speaking it starts below the Chickamauga dam and you can catch some good smallies up that way but as far down river. I'd look at the areas of Mullins cove, Bennett's lake and possibly up around Marion county park and boat ramp. Seems like where the river bottlenecks at Hales Bar always has trash (trees/debris) floating so be cautious buzzing through there. Also Mullins Cove has a good bit of wood (stumps/trees) and can take care of a prop easily but we're supposed to have a run of warm weather so I'd definitely hit that place if it's in boundaries.

TRIGGER

I don't bass fish hardly at all on Nickajack but looks like rain that day so be prepared for that. What part of Nickajack are you looking at cause technically speaking it starts below the Chickamauga dam and you can catch some good smallies up that way but as far down river. I'd look at the areas of Mullins cove, Bennett's lake and possibly up around Marion county park and boat ramp. Seems like where the river bottlenecks at Hales Bar always has trash (trees/debris) floating so be cautious buzzing through there. Also Mullins Cove has a good bit of wood (stumps/trees) and can take care of a prop easily but we're supposed to have a run of warm weather so I'd definitely hit that place if it's in boundaries.
We are putting in at the Marion county park.

Latest posts